Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help....Audi A3 Fuse Box

Options
  • 17-10-2007 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Does anyone know where the a3 ('98) fuse box is located? My indicators have all stopped working and i need to check the fuse.

Also, can someone suggest a decent but inexpensive garage to have my car serviced on the south side of Dublin (Dun Laoghaire Rathdown kind of area)? I'm afraid of the like of MSL/Foster Motor Co. They're extremely expenisve.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Check and see if it is located behind a panel at the drivers side of the dash that gets covered up when you close the door. (sorry best explanation I could think of)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭poker-jacks

fletch wrote: »
    Check and see if it is located behind a panel at the drivers side of the dash that gets covered up when you close the door. (sorry best explanation I could think of)

Yeah, perfect thanks. Any idea where I'd get a wiring chart? I have no manuals for the car. (Or would you know which is the indicator fuse?)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yeah, perfect thanks. Any idea where I'd get a wiring chart? I have no manuals for the car. (Or would you know which is the indicator fuse?)

Is there not a white credit card sized legend on the removable cover for the fuse box?

But I'd sooner suspect that the hazard warning light switch is faulty. It's quite common on VW Group cars.

crosstownk wrote: »
    Is there not a white credit card sized legend on the removable cover for the fuse box?

But I'd sooner suspect that the hazard warning light switch is faulty. It's quite common on VW Group cars.

Yeah, that could be it. Had hazards on for about 15/20 mins on Mon and the whole thing stopped then. Would this affect the indicators too??

Yeah, that could be it. Had hazards on for about 15/20 mins on Mon and the whole thing stopped then. Would this affect the indicators too??

Yep - the indicator/hazard relay is built into the hazard light switch.

• Advertisement

crosstownk wrote: »
    Yep - the indicator/hazard relay is built into the hazard light switch.

Ok cool. Many Thanks. Is it fixable do you rekon by a layman, or is mechanic the way to go?

You should be able to do it yourself - if you any good at that sort of thing.

Maybe this will be of some help...... (item 2) It's a while since I've replaced one, but afaik, you need to remove the stereo first to get you hand up behind the switch to remove it. But if you do have to visit the workshop, it should have a minimal labour charge. Any decent mechanic could do it in his sleep.

941500oe9.png

i'm not good to be honest. The legend you mentioned for the Fuse box is gone too... I'll have a look at the switch in the daylight. Thanks for all the help!!!

i'm not good to be honest. The legend you mentioned for the Fuse box is gone too... I'll have a look at the switch in the daylight. Thanks for all the help!!!

Thanks for all the help. Turns out your diagnosis was exact - hazard light switch. Had to bring it to Jetstar to get it done though €123.

I had to bring the car back again today because they f**cked up the stereo putting it back in (not standard blaupunkt - its a pioneer)

The fascia on the middle console was returned to me completely scratched and sh*t looking. I was really pissed off. They made an attempt today to refit the radio and and "touch up" the scratches. They bunged up the cage surrounding the stereo and snapped some of the plastic!!! Couldn't be more annoyed.

I am just informing of this as I saw you had made posts regarding MSL and Jetstar in other threads. A guy I know buys all his cars through them and I thought that this would be my new place to get services etc.. But not now...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement