Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please - relocating to Kinnegad

Options
  • 17-10-2007 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I am working down here in Ennis, Co. Clare, but I am from Longford originally. I am thinking about buying a 4 bed house in an estate called Manorfield in Kinnegad. Can someone from the general area tell me please what it is like in this neighbourhood.

I wanted to know what services (shops, supermarket, etc..) are available in Kinnegad. Is Manorfield a good/settled housing area or is it a rough area (no offence to anyone by the way...) with mainly rented/invesment accomodation, since it is a commuter town to Dublin.

Is this a massive housing estate with 300+ houses, or are they arranged in small Cul de Sac? Forgive me for asking this, as I am from the countryside, and I would not like to live in these massive housing estate.

I am hoping to get a job in Tallagh, will it be feasible to commute to work daily from Kinnegad? May be public transport is better?

Thanks,
    Simon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

I used to live in Manorfield the estate is grand .There are a fairly large amount of houses rented out.Of the 6 houses along from where i lived 3 were rented including the one we were attached to.If i was honest it was a bit of a pain in the arse .Since they are 4 beds the one beside us had 6 adults living in it with 4 cars .Parking was a pain as drive ways have no walls so next door would impinge on our drive way .Sounds silly maybe but it was annoying.

The estate has a number of phases there are 3 cresents of houses and the main road down the middle.

On the plus side the GAA have there pitches at the back of the estate.There is also a floodlit astroturf pitche.They have a new club house and there are plans for tennis courts.

There was also some issues with people parking trucks on the main road into the estate .I was in there last week and i saw a number of artics parked in front of the GAA pitches.

Having said all that they are a lot of house for the money but if you dont like the idea of living in a big estate maybe Manorfield is not for you.

As for the commute I don't do it but i would reckon on 1 1/2 hours i don't know of any public transport options to tallagh but plenty of buses to Dublin.

Advertisement