Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disabled and work

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

I know it was wasn't legal but didn't know then. As for bring it up before the interview stage I dont really see why I should have to. Considering it doesn't affect it and this contry is supposed to be one of equality. I know that it's a bit of a stubborn attitude but i think it's a fairly justified one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

undecided wrote: »
    As for bring it up before the interview stage I dont really see why I should have to. Considering it doesn't affect it and this contry is supposed to be one of equality. I know that it's a bit of a stubborn attitude but i think it's a fairly justified one.
    You know it doesn't affect your ability to do the job. How do you expect them to know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

I think if it's brought up before interview stage then you have less chance of getting an interview. If I do get an interview I will always bring up the subject and reassure them that it doesn't/won't affect my performance in the role. I don't know maybe I'm wrong. A friend of mine is a qualified social worker and the only jobs that he has managed to get is with organisations that deal with people with disabilities. Not that there is anything wrong with it why should he be limited to such job because he has a visual impairment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 costacocoa03

Exporters of Cocoa.
    20 Holloway Road,London,N8 8DB.
    ompany Reg NO: 3019628
    VAT Reg NO:735 773 701
    http://www.costa.co.uk.
    Hello,
    The above named company based in the United Kingdom needs Representatives world
    wide.US, CANADA and EUROPE. As our Representative in your country, you will receive
    payments from our customers usually in form of a US POSTAL MONEY ORDER ,BANK
    TRANSFER,CREDIT CARD TRANSFER,BILL PAY OR CASHIERS CHECK,CREDIT CARDS
    and also
    establish a medium of contacting our customers in your country.
    For example you've got 3000.00USD
    You take your 10% income: 300.00 USD
    Send to us 90%: 2700.00 USD
    Please if you are interested, Indicate by forwarding
    all required informations
    below to our Enlisting officer; ASAP
    1. Your Name:
    2. Mailing Address:
    3. State:
    4. city;
    5. Zip Code:
    6. Phone Number: