Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

nct question

Options
  • 17-10-2007 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

hi folks, My car is due the nct in a few days, i seem to be a minor little problem.. The Rev counter and Speedo does not light up! and they are suposed to as soon as the engine is started. is this a failur straight away?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Does the speedo still work otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What is the make/model of the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Most likely a bulb or a fuse, so shouldn't be a major problem to get it sorted. They are supposed to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

The dash lights are part of the test but are often overlooked.

If it fails for that the retest will be just a visual, therefore free.

Kinda nice to be able to see what speed you're doing though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

sorry folks i have been away from my computer, yes the speedo and rev counter work as usual except lighting up! A friend of mine said it happened him befor on a car and he had to strip the dash board out a replace a bulb!? im not sure if this is the same with my car, my car is a lexus gs300. (Digital clocks)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

that car has optitron dials, that's a cold cathode ligthing system, which is not as long life as LED's and a bit on the expensive side.

that link is very usful! i am going to try with mine and report back :)

thanks a mill!

colm is it a garage job / a DIY ?

• Advertisement

You'll have to get the bits from a Lexus/Toyota dealer. DIY if you're handy.

ok i will check around tomorrow, i presume they are just push in and twist... il find out in the morn :) thanks everyone

what year is the GS?

Dec 1995 3.Liter

Advertisement