Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2272 Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Options
  • 17-10-2007 8:34pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

this is a bit of a last minute plea for help here, other half is looking to do the MS Training Course 2272B Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows XP Professional.

After twelve months of being promised this training by work they finally booked the course with a Dublin training provider at the start of the summer, happy days. Well no, so far in the last three months they have cancelled the scheduled course, twice. Each time at a few days notice. Now it's looking like they won't be able to accomodate her until next year (November scheduled course is already being attended by 2 colleagues so she can't attend then).

I'm absolutely furious at the lack of professionalism shown by the training provider in question, the only way we found out the course had been cancelled was when we emailed for joining instructions this morning.

Other half doesn't know the training she's due to start on Monday is now cancelled so I'm desperate to find another training provider preferably in Dublin, she will be absolutely gutted when she finds out. If other half's work won't agree to an alternate training provider I'll cover the cost personally.

Anyone know any training company in Dublin that's running this course soon?

Thanks in advance.

Graham

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Hey Graham,

Sorry to hear about course being cancelled. Does your other half have any prior experience in I.T.?. This course wouldn't exactly require the training?. Its probably majorly overpriced anyway...

You could achieve this certification using self study manuals from Microsoft Press?. To be honest if she put 8+ hours a week in over the last 12 months she have probably gotten this certification 10 times over?.

I would recommend trying the self study route, it just takes some dedication and the book only costs around €40 compared to the €1k your about to pay for training!.

There are also some CBT (Computer Based Training) videos that you can purchase..which is basically a guy lecturing. These are really good too...

www.cbtworld.net

Hope this helps....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

+ 1 above

Get her some CBT nuggets, the manuals and away she goes.

You could also redirect her here and we will do our best to answer any exam related question she might have.

If this doesn't suit try one of the providers mentioned above

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055042862

You can also get the actual MS guides they will use in the training and go through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

If her company is going to pay for it, check out newhorizons.ie. They have a mentored training course and you can attend at your leisure - half day here, full day there, do it all in the 5 days in a row. It's still kinda self study but you have access to a trainer, loads of material and if you fail, they give you more lessons for free. Check them out. I'm interested in attending this myself in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Actually its newhorizonsireland.com and they will sort you out, whether you choose to go for e-learning, CBT or Mentored Learning. You'll get all the MOC Manuals also.

I dont work there anymore but they are a great company and you wont get that unprofessional BS from them.

N

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Thanks for the suggestions guys, we did try the CBT route initially but I think lack of confidence scared the other half off.

Delighted to report we actually found a training company in Dublin and the course started this morning (smiles all roung this evening here).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Glad to hear it! Best of luck with the course

Advertisement