Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackstrobe & Dr. Lektroluv to Play UCD

• 17-10-2007 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Blackstrobe are confirmed play the UCD Student Bar on Wednesday 24th October. This unique show will comprise the full live band and also a DJ set to follow. Blackstrobe are a French electro outfit who’s unique sound is heavily influenced by Metal and Rock.

Their latest album, and their first since the departure of Ivan Smagghe, “Burn Your Own Church” is an illustration of their new darker sound and what you can expect to hear on the night. Expect to hear plenty of the older stuff too however.

Support on the night comes from UCD Residents Dave McDonagh and Dave Redmond.

Doors are @ 9pm and bar stays open till 2am. Tickets €10 are available in all the shops on campus and online @ UCDEnts.com

Here are some more gigs coming up in UCD over the next month or two.

25th October – The Stone Roses Experience
    8th November – Aslan
    22nd November – Jape & Dr. Lektroluv
    23rd November – Calvin Harris
    26th November – The Fun Lovin’ Criminals

See UCDEnts.com for more details and e-mail Steve on ents@ucd.ie if you have any questions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Is he playing in Spy the following night? It says on his website he's playing there the night after the gig in UCD!

How do I get tickets for this? Dying to see the doctor since his deadly set at ******!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

tickets are going on sale start of november. was talking to the guy in ucd organising it....

he's playing in spy aswell.

ucd is savage spot for this kinda thing. seen erol alkan there last year and he wrecked the place.....

going to see him at I Love Techno aswell 2 weeks before he plays in ucd too :):)

tickets will be on sale in ucd student shops. not sure bout spy...

Can anyone tell me where to get tickets for his gig the night after the one in UCD I can't find info on it anywhere!
    Have to go to this gig can someone please help me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭oldboy

No spy as per his site, found this tho.....

Dr. Lektroluv

Date: 23 November 2007
    Time: 10.00pm

Venue:
    Traffic
    54 Middle Abbey St
    Dublin 1
    Phone: +353 1 873 4800

from entertainment.ie

Yeah I found that but that traffic5 website has nothing to do with whatever that venue is!
    It's a phantom gig!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Yeah I've been trying to figure this one out the last couple days too, entertainment.ie has me :confused:...
    OLDBOY wrote:
    No spy as per his site
    His site says Spy for Fri 23rd: http://www.lektroluv.be/index.php?section=gigs

And this guy regularly plays Wax and seems to be supporting at Spy (but says 22nd!): http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=264482912

all i want is a venue and some tickets! :mad:

I'll ring traffic tonight and see if anybody there knows.

I'll try wax too. Who would be organising this ? as in promoters, its not the EC crew so any ideas on who else to try ask ?

Im not missing this gig he he :)

oldboy wrote: »
    I'll ring traffic tonight and see if anybody there knows.

I'll try wax too. Who would be organising this ? as in promoters, its not the EC crew so any ideas on who else to try ask ?

Im not missing this gig he he :)
    I actually came to the same conclusion myelf (about ringing them and about not missing the gig :D) but I'll let you do it :) Nice one

According to this* (scroll down a bit), the promoter is "We Do Music" - also mentioned in the entertainment.ie piece but I've never heard of them so might just be a club night-type thing (plus entertainment.ie might have the wrong venue so could be wrong too)...

* and yes I know my sources are getting bogey but it must have come from somewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭remedy dublin

Spy Presents......

Friday Nov 23rd. Dr. Lektroluv
    Friday Dec 14th. Jazzanova
    Friday Dec 28th. Moodymann (DJ Set)

Spy. South William Street. Dublin 2.

Remedy you're a dancer.

Now how do I get on the guestlist ? :) or grab a few comp tickets he he

Worst case scenario gonna paint myself green stick on a suit, glasses and a kryton from red dwarf mask n roll up to the door with an old phone in my hand...

... prob end up on the decks lol.

Yayyyy its gonna be a belter !

• Advertisement

How do I get the feckin tickets ahhhhh!! And how much does anyone know??

deisedolly wrote: »
    How do I get the feckin tickets ahhhhh!! And how much does anyone know??
    mmm, you make a good point, ticket info would be good... only 2 weeks from tomorrow, gonna be great! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭remedy dublin

Avail from City Discs.

15e plus 1e booking fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Alkers

€10 for the UCD gig

Advertisement