Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Phone on silent: Homing in on its location

• 17-10-2007 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

I've lost my meteor phone in the building where I work. I've been looking for it for a week. It's on silent mode but still ringing. The phone vibrates but I still cannot hear it. I'm positive it has not left the building but have searched everywhere conceivable.

Is it possible to detect it's signal using any cheap device and home in on it? Unfortunately I'm not hearing any interference on a radio I have.
    Would anyone have a lend of a signal detector or have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

is bluetooth on? not sure how helpful itll be but may give some idea

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

Never thought of that, but I think I have it off unfortunately.
    It's so frustrating. It's within 50meters of me but has fallen into a box or is in a fridge or something.
    Damn silent mode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

i know this sounds sad but remove anything thats making noise, then put your ear to the floor in different locations around where u think u may have lost it and listen very carefully....desperate time, desperate measures!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Im impressed the battery has lasted a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭wba88

1huge1 wrote: »
    Im impressed the battery has lasted a week

thats what i was going to say, do you have a set alarm e.g. weekdays at 6am if so go into to work very early

what phone is it out of curiosity?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If it's a bill phone I hope you're keeping an eye on your unbilled calls - otherwise you could be in for a nasty surprise if it wasn't the office you lost it in.

ciaranfo wrote: »
    If it's a bill phone I hope you're keeping an eye on your unbilled calls - otherwise you could be in for a nasty surprise if it wasn't the office you lost it in.
    good point, another reason why the battery could have lasted so long!

Try explaining to your phone company that you don't have any relatives living on the international space station at massive call rates per minute :(

ciaranfo wrote: »
    Try explaining to your phone company that you don't have any relatives living on the international space station at massive call rates per minute :(
    talking from experience?
    happened to my bro, calls to china and australia!

Not from personal experience, but I've heard stories :(

Someone was also complaining on here the last week too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

towel401 wrote: »
    Don't SAT phones come with PIN numbers then? Dam fools!

One bill included calls to a South Pacific number totalling £289,991 - made to a £5.95 a minute number in the Wallis and Futuna Islands.

Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

I can tell you now the phone is pre pay and there have been no calls/texts since I lost it.

I too am curious as to how long it has lasted. It's a Sony K750i.
    I rang meteor earlier and they said a replacement sim is €7.50 but that its to the discretion of shops to charge. Does anyone know if most Meteor stores charge?

I went into one in town a few months because my sis lost my sim charged about that price, but the time b4 that about 6 months ago they said they would do it for free (different store), so shop around so to speak

Emerson wrote: »
    I can tell you now the phone is pre pay and there have been no calls/texts since I lost it.

I too am curious as to how long it has lasted. It's a Sony K750i.
    I rang meteor earlier and they said a replacement sim is €7.50 but that its to the discretion of shops to charge. Does anyone know if most Meteor stores charge?
    Those batterys can last months! (ok .. so not months, but a good 2 weeks on standby!)

Advertisement