Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinion on drysuit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Does the €550 include the undersuit too? That looks like a pretty hot deal to me.

I guess it's an entry level suit and all, but still, for that price...

I presume it includes a hood. Does it include inflator/dump valves?

As somebody that's been fighting the urge to buy a drysuit for years, maybe my day has finally arrived!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

going to give them a ring and ask...... i will let you know !!

seems tempting alright....

sale end this saturday !!! they are going to keep one aside for me until i go up on sat to fit it on.
    includes the valves etc...

scuby wrote: »
    sale end this saturday !!! they are going to keep one aside for me until i go up on sat to fit it on.
    includes the valves etc...

That's it, I'm going up tomorrow!

Thanks for the heads-up scuby!

BTW hello world, does anybody have one of these? Can anybody say "STOP, don't be MAD!"?

All opinions welcomed!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Go for it, if it fits well this is a good deal-good luck!!!

• Advertisement

That's it, I'm going up tomorrow!

Thanks for the heads-up scuby!

BTW hello world, does anybody have one of these? Can anybody say "STOP, don't be MAD!"?

All opinions welcomed!

give a ring first, make sure they have your size, as they were running low..... all depending on your body/shoe size.....
    don't you dare go for mine :D

give a ring first, make sure they have your size, as they were running low..... all depending on your body/shoe size.....
    don't you dare go for mine :D

Lol... as long as you're not average size, weight and shoe size, you'll be fine :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

A couple of people in my club have them and have done hundreds of dives with them with no problems.It's a bag suit though and maybe a little colder than a neoprene

Lol... as long as you're not average size, weight and shoe size, you'll be fine :D

mmmmhhhhhh, average !! 5ft11, shoe size 10... he did take my number and said i have first option if some imposter came to buy one !!

sale is on saturday as well, in case you go taking a day off to head up, it will be the last weekend of it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Have been dry suit diving for years in a bag suit. They can be a bit colder all right, but with a good undersuit you will be grand.

The only place the cold gets to me sometimes is on a long dive in cold cold water is along the zip line, but it's never that bad.... certainly no where near as bad as a wet suit when you get chilly !

If it is a bit chilly, with the bag suit there is plenty of room to stick something else on underneath as well.

• Advertisement

sale is on saturday as well, in case you go taking a day off to head up, it will be the last weekend of it though
    I suppose the advantage of working in Dublin city centre has finally been revealed to me. 5 mins UP the road on the bike during lunch-hour!
    :D
    BTW you're safe, average for me is 5'8" and a size 9 shoe! (stumpy!)
    macrubicon wrote: »
    Have been dry suit diving for years in a bag suit. They can be a bit colder all right, but with a good undersuit you will be grand.

The only place the cold gets to me sometimes is on a long dive in cold cold water is along the zip line, but it's never that bad.... certainly no where near as bad as a wet suit when you get chilly !

If it is a bit chilly, with the bag suit there is plenty of room to stick something else on underneath as well.

Thanks macrubicon. My concern was with the 100g undersuit, is it warm enough. but as you say, if not, just stick a jumper or some thermals on as well.

I suppose the advantage of working in Dublin city centre has finally been revealed to me. 5 mins UP the road on the bike during lunch-hour!
    :D
    BTW you're safe, average for me is 5'8" and a size 9 shoe! (stumpy!)

Thanks macrubicon. My concern was with the 100g undersuit, is it warm enough. but as you say, if not, just stick a jumper or some thermals on as well.

did you get it yet ?? what came with it ?

yea, a better under suit would be the job alright ! e-bay for one of those probably, might be a bit cheaper, or a few fleece tops, better than being wet and cold !

:( Fraid not. They'd sold out of medium, so no joy.

It looks like a v good suit though, the warm cuff and collar covers are a nice addition. It certainly has the low profile fully swivelling inflator valve. Not sure about a shoulder dump, I don't remember.

The material looks good too, more solid and durable looking than i expected tbh.

At the price I'd say it's a complete steal. Enjoy it!

:( Fraid not. They'd sold out of medium, so no joy.

It looks like a v good suit though, the warm cuff and collar covers are a nice addition. It certainly has the low profile fully swivelling inflator valve. Not sure about a shoulder dump, I don't remember.

The material looks good too, more solid and durable looking than i expected tbh.

At the price I'd say it's a complete steal. Enjoy it!

cheers for the info, will let you know how i get on....

well,i went up to the lads and tried on the suit but there was a little too much free space under my arms and the legs were a little too long...... so apart from drinking alot ot pints and adding a few pounds !!

anyway i ended up going for this instead !!! yes,an impulse buy, like my wife !! but got it for 650.00 and it fitted me perfectely. and i must say the lads are sound in the shop.
    http://www.flagshipscuba.com/details.php?p=74

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

well,i went up to the lads and tried on the suit but there was a little too much free space under my arms and the legs were a little too long...... so apart from drinking alot ot pints and adding a few pounds !!

anyway i ended up going for this instead !!! yes,an impulse buy, like my wife !! but got it for 650.00 and it fitted me perfectely. and i must say the lads are sound in the shop.

very good suit,prob one of the best on the market I think.Did you get a woolly bear also for that price?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

I hope you didn't tell the Missus how much you paid for it, cos if you did She will never let you forget it. You can never (and I mean never!) again complain about the price of a pair of her shoes again......:D

Moanin wrote: »
    very good suit,prob one of the best on the market I think.Did you get a woolly bear also for that price?

no but i got this on e-bay for €92
    http://www.ndiver.com/site/undersuits/flectalon_undersuit.html
    Benny-c wrote: »
    I hope you didn't tell the Missus how much you paid for it, cos if you did She will never let you forget it. You can never (and I mean never!) again complain about the price of a pair of her shoes again......:D

No need to tell me !! we all need our " secret a/c's " ;)

Nice buy, fair play. I was tempted when I saw it too, but a bit rich for my blood.

Enjoy the (warm) cold-water diving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Scuba.ie

Benny-c wrote: »

As I say, when I die, don't let my wife sell my dive gear for what I told her I paid for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Compressed neoprene is the way to go. They seem to be a bit tougher that the old 7mm neoprene too.

I use a DUI compressed neoprene suit, have had it for nearly 10 yrs with no complaints - just look after the zip!

Check out the DUI "rock boots" - cheap baseball boots - if you can order your crushed suit with "socks" these are an easy option and are really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 RogerViking

intrested in those suits in flagship eh!

1 neos are warmer than bagsuits
    2 zips on pockets are a pain what you want is velcro
    3 slim style pockets are crap get two bellows pockets one each leg
    4 dicide if you want a c/zip or may be a pee/valve latter is my choice
    5 get boots that fit you most important
    6 undersuit 200gm thats the one you want if not artics

if you can get these off the peg at any dive shop fair play but most of you wont get a good fitting done and have someone like seaskin or otter to make it for you itl cost a little extra but your worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭expediateclimb

Have a divemaster myself. Got it in flagship a few years back and still going strong. Never had any problems with it. Dis the dogs b****x :D

Advertisement