Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor Recommendation

• 17-10-2007 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all, Just been served with a summons for a traffic offence. Can anyone recommend a good solicitor in Waterford to act for me.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Can I be so bold to ask what type of offence? I am/was in a similar situation - but I wrote to the guard who sent me the summons and nothing heard of since..

I was going to speak to Pat Newell, there located over by the courts. Theres a group of them, Newell something or other. 11850 should sort you out with the number. :)

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mumbo

It's for driving without due care and attention. Happened 6 months ago, everything sorted out through the insurance and then out of the blue I got the summons! and now I don't really know what to do next.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I really wish the guards were forced to tell you if you were going to get summonsed. Sad really. You might want to consider posting on the Motors forum if you want to discuss it - they might (no guarntee) allow the conversation. Although, please remember, nowhere on Boards can you seek legal advise or find a way to get out of it. Just general discussion if you feel you were hard done by.

Solictor wise, try Pat. Hes always in courts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭portlairge

you wont get better than pat newell himself ... trust me i used him .. the gardai hate going up against him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mumbo

Thanks for the replies guys - rang today but pat isn't taking on any new clients at the mo was referred to someone working with him........? Do you think it is worth my while ringing the guard who ordered the summons and seeing if we can sort it out without going to court?? I'll put my hands up and take my punishment - will he be able to withdraw the summons? the thoughts of going to court scares the bejesus out of me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

As far as I know, once a summons is issued its in the courts hands, not the Garda's ...

Not really - if the guard doesnt show up or simply states the matter is resolved, the courts wont press charges and the case is dropped.

If you want to try a relation of mine in Dublin, he might offer you advise. Im not sure if he has anyone working this direction, but try asking him: Gus Cullen; http://www.augustuscullen.ie/ourpeople/gus_cullen.htm

Might be able to assist somehow. Pitty Pats not about alright.

Advertisement