Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford C-Max- verdict?

Options
  • 17-10-2007 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi
    I am currently looking at purchasing a new Ford C-Max as the family car. I've taken the Activ 1.6 TDCi for a test drive and I like it. Although I've never owned a diesel before I am tempted to pay the extra €2000 for this option, even though i don't do high mileage, but we do cart a lot of gear around at the weekends and the extra torque would be beneficial on a car of this weight (nearly 1.5 tonnes kerbside I think). I just wanted to hear from other owners out there, what's the verdict? I haven't seen all that many of this car about (I suppose Ford are new to this segment) but I don't really need the space offered by the Zafira and I'm not sure about the Toyota Verso either. Any feedback most welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I drove the 1.6TDCi a few weeks ago. It was a rental and I drove it from Brussels to Paris. I found it quite good. Initially I turned my nose up at it as I'd a lot of motorway driving to do, but I was quite impressed with it's performance. If it's what you like then go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

C Max is out longer than the Focus IIRC, and that's getting rejigged in a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭carpainter

colm_mcm wrote: »
    C Max is out longer than the Focus IIRC, and that's getting rejigged in a few months.

You've lost me there?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

ford-c-max-2008-6.jpg

As in, is this rejigged model out yet?
    EDIT: see on Ford's site that it's on sale.

I'd say go diesel, as it's much better than the petrol to drive. and you should get €1000 of the €2000 back come trade in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭carpainter

Cheers, yes AFAIK the model I'm looking at is a new (mid life?) model, launched in summer this year and coincides with Ford dropping the "Focus" from the name. I've made my mind up on the diesel issue, it's not a huge amount of money for the transition really. I'd imagine the diesel would be more attractive to purchasers when it comes to selling on anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement