Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunshaughlin

Options
  • 17-10-2007 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am thinking to rent in Dunshaughlin and commute to Blanchardstown, So How is Dunshaughlin? What about shops and Resturants in Dunshaughlin?

I used to live in GreyStones and commute to Blackrock and I like it

Is Dunshaughlin as nice as Greystones

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Freckles123

I live in Dunshaughlin. Its a very busy town especially at peak hours for traffic. There are many pubs in the town but it really depends on your age group to recommend which pub/pubs would suit you best. During peak traffic it could take anything up to an hour to get in to Blanchardstown and coming home from there at peak times could even take longer..but hopefully this will all change soon with the new bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

I live in Navan, but Dunshauglin is a nice little village.
    good pubs, decent grub, and not too far from Blanch. I've often gotten to Blanch Village in 45 Mins from Navan @ Peak time, its not that bad, but you know that the traffic can be extremely unpredictable at times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Sure Dunshaughlin is a grand place to live, as long as you never want to cross the main street. One set of traffic lights, I'm surprised there hasn't been an accident yet.

It's a bit sleepy hollow really. Not much going on but the plus side to that is there's not much trouble in the town. Also five pubs in such a small town can't be a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Rainbow bright

Hi All

I am considering buying a house in Dunshaughlin. Being from the big smoke I don't know much about the area and would appreciate any advice anyone can share. Can any one shed any light on the pro's and con's of living in this area? What is the crime rate like in the area and the commute to the city centre?

Thanks

Rainbow Bright

Advertisement