Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help comparing data from websites

Options
  • 17-10-2007 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Ill start off by saying im not a programmer, so im looking for the easiest way to do this. Any suggestions are welcome. This might be more suited to web?

Basically we are looking at homes over here in the US. I would like to have somthing that pulls the asking price for a given property and then enters the address to nextag.com and zillow.com to get the market values and compares them to the asking price. Ideally then I am looking to rank them by highest gap, downwards.

Any ideas? Its for personal use so im not going to be hammering the sited with hundreds of queries, probably 15 a day at most. Ive come across PHP scraping, how to implement it is another thing tho....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

Ill start off by saying im not a programmer, so im looking for the easiest way to do this. Any suggestions are welcome. This might be more suited to web?

Basically we are looking at homes over here in the US. I would like to have somthing that pulls the asking price for a given property and then enters the address to nextag.com and zillow.com to get the market values and compares them to the asking price. Ideally then I am looking to rank them by highest gap, downwards.

Any ideas? Its for personal use so im not going to be hammering the sited with hundreds of queries, probably 15 a day at most. Ive come across PHP scraping, how to implement it is another thing tho....

If you can develop an interface to the site: i.e. utilise any GET variables in the site's url. If GET variables are not available, i'd suggest writing a perl script and use regular expressions to identify particular parts of the site that you're interested in. You can use regexp and execute shell commands from inside php too.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

If you want this and you are not a programmer... why don't you try something like http://www.rentacoder.com :)

Advertisement