Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Rock 94.9

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 frecklz

radioland wrote: »
    Apols to all for my mistake Tommy Green was on The Rock. It would be interesting to hear what people think of the presenters. Personally I am glad that most of them didnt get in the way by announcing their names every 10 seconds. I did say most but not all.

Must admit I personally didnt like the pair that were on around 6 on Friday.

does anybody know when Nova starts hiring or are all the jobs spoken for with the Rock guys

I have always maintained that anyone who is on the radio or television should be able to speak properly. The amount of bad pronunciation of English and Irish words (especially by the "newsreaders") was appalling. I am waiting to jump on any jobs going at Nova so I hope they are widely posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Cheerleader

Have to say The Rock was a decent station.
    Sounded good and was well put together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What's Nova?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Des wrote: »
    What's Nova?

This is a reference to Nova100, the consortium that succeeded in getting the licence awarded by the B.C.I. for a classic rock station. They are due to start later next year. Look back over this thread and you will see an explanation, including linkage with The Rock, by yours truly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Steve Woods

The Rock was a class station and is sorely missed from the airwaves. I thought the standard of presentation was excellent from the presenters and newsreaders. You could tell that a lot of effort went into the running of the Rock and that nothing was left to chance despite the fact that this was a ten week temporary licence and those involved has to hit the ground running. Good luck to all involved. I'm sure they will have no trouble getting work in radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭radioland

The Rock was a class station and is sorely missed from the airwaves. I thought the standard of presentation was excellent from the presenters and newsreaders. You could tell that a lot of effort went into the running of the Rock and that nothing was left to chance despite the fact that this was a ten week temporary licence and those involved has to hit the ground running. Good luck to all involved. I'm sure they will have no trouble getting work in radio.

I'm wondering Steve , how many of them are involved in radio at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Steve Woods

radioland wrote: »
    I'm wondering Steve , how many of them are involved in radio at the moment.

Good question radioland and it will be interesting to see if any of them turn up on 4FM considering that many of them were involved in the multicity Choice FM which led to the 4FM licence.

I heard a few of them on Q102 - Rebecca Lee was a newsreader on the Rock. Also I am almost certain that I heard Matt Dempsey on Q at the weekend. Eamon Tornsey who reads the sport on Q was also on the Rock and don't forget the guy who does the Setanta Sports voiceovers - can't think of his name righ now.

Originally Posted by radioland viewpost.gif

FYI Andrea Hayes is a TV3 continuity announcer.

Not sure what the others are doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭radioland

Steve

Matt got the job with Q while on the Rrock. Rebecca Lee had always been a Q newsreader and arent Setanta's v/o's done by Jim McCabe? wouldnt put money on many of tem turning up on 4FM

Good question radioland and it will be interesting to see if any of them turn up on 4FM considering that many of them were involved in the multicity Choice FM which led to the 4FM licence.

I heard a few of them on Q102 - Rebecca Lee was a newsreader on the Rock. Also I am almost certain that I heard Matt Dempsey on Q at the weekend. Eamon Tornsey who reads the sport on Q was also on the Rock and don't forget the guy who does the Setanta Sports voiceovers - can't think of his name righ now.

Originally Posted by radioland viewpost.gif

FYI Andrea Hayes is a TV3 continuity announcer.

Not sure what the others are doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭coopersgreen

Eamon Tornsey who reads the sport on Q was also on the Rock and don't forget the guy who does the Setanta Sports voiceovers - can't think of his name righ now.

Dave Adams/Andy Mangan

• Advertisement
Advertisement