Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2001 focus question

Options
  • 17-10-2007 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

just a quick question, when does the timing belt need to be changed on a 01 ford focus gia 1.6.

Got my mate whos lookin at buying one, its at 60,000 miles on clock and its being services but timing belt aint been changed.

Cheers
    -V-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Hey all,

just a quick question, when does the timing belt need to be changed on a 01 ford focus gia 1.6.

Got my mate whos lookin at buying one, its at 60,000 miles on clock and its being services but timing belt aint been changed.

Cheers
    -V-

I'm not sure, but Ford timing belts usually last longer than 60k. IIRC, it's around the 75k mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

guy thats selling and getting the service done said it should be 90k but im not too sure about that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

guy thats selling and getting the service done said it should be 90k but im not too sure about that

It could be true - but like I say, I'm not sure. I'll check with my Ford dealer tomorrow and let you know - I assume it's a petrol model............?

yea petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I heard something like 100,000 miles or 10 years once,

• Advertisement

good stuff. cheers lads. its a bit of peace of mind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd still do it after 60k though.

Advertisement