Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bargain Corrado

Options
  • 17-10-2007 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

I've been offered a 94 Corrado. It's a 2 Litre 16 Valve. 115k miles. Driving well. Body is a bit rough. A few scrapes. One or two spots of bubbling rust. Electrics are good.

£ 800 (Sterling - It's in the UK)

Question.... Should I take his hand off ?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

BnA wrote: »
    I've been offered a 94 Corrado. It's a 2 Litre 16 Valve. 115k miles. Driving well. Body is a bit rough. A few scrapes. One or two spots of bubbling rust. Electrics are good.

£ 800 (Sterling - It's in the UK)

Question.... Should I take his hand off ?

Any MOT?If it's genuine its a bargain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Just a month left in the MOT. But I do think it's genuine. The owner is being straight about problems. Just wants to get rid of it and doesn't have time to try and advertise etc.

Seller is an e-bay seller with lots positive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It doesn't sound like much of a bargain to me tbh, it's almost 14 years old with a big engine in a small car and nothing special as cars go. Your probably looking at 1600euros for it including VRT........... I know I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

are you buying it cause you want a Corrado or you have always wanted one?

Vrt is nearly €800
    they're slow, 0-60 in 10.2
    you could probably budget to spend €500+ on getting it nct'd, as it hasn't been mot'd in nearly a year and there will undoubtedly be problems with a 94 VW.

But they are a lovely looking car and if its NCT'd and tidyed up its probably worth about €4000 even if the body work isn't mint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

I did have a 2 Litre 8 Valve for a small while about 2 years ago. I was on the look out for a VR6 when I came accross this. I'm knotted. My wife will kill me if I arrive home with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Get a mechanic to check it out and budget for VRT (Not sure what the VRT is on the 2 ltr but for the G60 it's 1200), getting to the UK and getting it back here.

My boyfriend bought a G60 from Glasgow recently and between flights, train and boat back we'd spent another €500

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Yeah, they're impractical, not the fastest cars or the easiest to park, and they are over 12 years old and need lots of attention, but it's still a good price seeing as they go for serious money for good condition examples. I'd buy it ;) I drive a 95 2L 16V Golf, not because I happened across it or couldn't afford it, but because I scoured the country for it as it's a nice car. If you think it's a nice car and you know what you're getting into, it's decent for the money. If you wanna be practical and realistic about it, get a beige Volvo ;)

Advertisement