Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Just got my red DI Golf remapped...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

@Ryo Hazuki Yeah the main thing Id be worried about is the clutch. The car was serviced in May this year and nothing was said about the clutch so it should be ok. Think it will have to be after Christmas for this though - the seasonal money drain has already started :(
    Btw, where does the extra power come in ? Ive heard of remaps giving a diesel more of a petrol feel (i.e. plenty of power over the whole range) - is this the case with yours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Is MPG seriously affected?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    Is MPG seriously affected?

Various sources suggest that you mpg can actually go up after a remap

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I've also had my turf burner re mapped by chipped ire and have no complaints,with the service or the product.

You do realise though that if you go and get a custom FMIC from allard you will have to go back and have it remapped again to take advantage of it?

As for 140tdis beating GTIs i have 2 points on that firstly i know of 2 140 TDIs that were putting out 156 and 167 odd bhp as standard from the factory (TDI engines are notorious for giving more than the quoted figs,your average 130 golf will put out 150 easily as standard and your average 150 golf will easily put out 170 plus and i know of many many examples to prove this - tested on rolling roads)...so your 140 might be a little faster than expected and from a rolling start wouldn't embarrass itself against a GTi,there is also the case that the GTi driver no matter how fast he seemed to be going just wasn't trying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

voxpop,
    I suppose it comes around 1800 - 2000 revs.. wheels spin in 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th!
    Yeah feels more powerful, with less lag, and boosts at higher revs. normally boost dies off around 4k revs, now in mine its around 4.5k rev. feels more like a petrol in the sense that im getting close to 90mph in 3rd gear.

Still no trouble with the clutch yet..

• Advertisement
Advertisement