Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyber Sunday - How have you voted?

• 18-10-2007 12:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

There will probably be a few more matches announced for the event but I'm curious to know how everyone feels about the current line-up. Here's how I've voted...

Randy Orton vs Jeff Hardy, Ken Kennedy or Shawn Michaels (WWE title)

I voted Michaels. I know a lot of people are hoping it will be Jeff, and part of me thinks that would be a nice surprise, but I reckon Shawn will have the best match even though he's not quite 100 per cent.

Batista vs Undertaker (World Title)
    Referee: JBL, Mick Foley or Stone Cold

Went for Austin as I'm sure most people did. I think it will be cool to see Austin and Undertaker in the ring once again.

CM Punk vs John Morrisson, The Miz or Big Daddy V (ECW Title)

I voted The Miz because I think if it's either of the other two, a title switch is going to go down!

Triple H vs Umaga (Steel Cage Match, First Blood Match or Street Fight)

I was disappointed that there wasn't a quad-stiffing contest on offer but I plumped for the Street Fight.

MVP vs. Matt Hardy (Wrestling Match, Boxing Match or MMA Match)

Was going to go for wrestling match but I'm curious how they'll handle an MMA contest so I went with that one.

Rey Mysterio vs. Finlay (Stretcher Match, Shillelagh on a Pole Match or No DQ)

I was feeling patriotic so I voted for the Shillelagh option. :)

How have you voted?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Didn't vote this year, couldn't be arsed as every year none of my options come up. here is what i would do IF i voted:

Michaels

austin but i would seriously think about choosing JBL here too.

nitro

blah to all these options, as if it matters, first blood so it can be over quick

Def MMA, this is interesting, i really like MVP

these options suck too, christ vince is not even trying this year, shillelagh and finlay to whack the mexican midget.

Where is the friggin maria vs. barbie blank naked option :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I voted Jeff cos I don't want Shawn getting hurt. My plan will completely backfire if they then put Shawn in the ring with Kennedy though

Mick, I've never voted against him in anything like this

The Miz, I dunno, it might be interesting. They'll do Punk vs Johnny soon and I'd rather not see Viscera in the ring

I voted First-Blood to keep up my trend of not getting what I want

MMA, and that one will probably win. Don't know how they'll do it because it won't end up looking anything like a proper MMA fight

No DQ. I hate pole matches and I'm not in a stretcher sort of mood

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

HBK. Will get a good to great match out of Randy.

Austin..with hopefully a Santino confrontation:D

Miz. Dont want to see V near the title,Morrisson will happen (again) soon enough.

Street fight to get the best outta the Bulldozer.

MMA,these two lads have delivered on near everything else so far,why not this?

Shillelagh. A first-time history making match! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Kennedy, HBK will get a match anyway and think it'd be a good match. I also hate Jeff

Foley, don't really care as long as Austin doesn't plug his DVD after wrecking another match

The Miz. He's the most talented person on that roster and it's about time he took the title from that hack Punk. This is the only one I really care about

Didn't vote

MMA just cause it'd be interesting to see how the WWE would do it. No octagon so maybe a Hell in the Cell

Streatcher match. don't know why[/QUOTE]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Micheals, Kennedy doesn't deserve it after his conduct (lying about taking the steroids), and while Jeff is a brilliant performer...Shawn Micheals he ain't :)

There is no way on Earth that Austin won't be the referee.

I went for Miz too :p

A good ol' fashioned steel cage match

MMA, just because I'd like to see how WWE are going to handle MMA without looking like total muppets. This could hae the makings of a "Dudleys Electric Cage-esque" debacle.

Shillelagh baby!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Actually one thing just dawned on me, If MVP has to fight an MMA match will he not just get a replacement claiming his health is ****. COuld be the return of Shamrock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I didn't bother, it's all rigged anyway :)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I didn't bother, it's all rigged anyway :)
    VR!

my thoughts exactly, i dont believe for a second that votes actually matter in the booking of the show, its all one giant plug for the website,and if by some miracle they DO then the wwe has the shows rotating around who they want in the matches, theres not a chance itll be anyone but shawn michaels in the main event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Is this PPV or Sky Sports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

krudler wrote: »
    my thoughts exactly, i dont believe for a second that votes actually matter in the booking of the show, its all one giant plug for the website,and if by some miracle they DO then the wwe has the shows rotating around who they want in the matches, theres not a chance itll be anyone but shawn michaels in the main event

I don't think it's rigged at all. In fact there have been times where guys have won which would have gone against the grain of who the WWE really wanted. For example the time when Matt Hardy won a vote when he was being unmercifully buried, as well as the time Piper got selected ahead of Dusty Rhodes when the latter was plugged more.

I think I read Lance Storm saying that Chris Jericho had told him he didn't know he'd be facing Shelton Benjamin for the IC title until the results were announced and that he wasn't aware he was going to lose the belt until the ref informed him. I don't see why he'd lie about that.

I'm also not aware of any of the main wrestling journalists who believe it's rigged so I don't know why anyone would think they are. Unless it's just your typical Irish cynicism. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

It was Sports 1 last year if i recall correctly, so i assume it's the same this year.
    VR!

I'm also not aware of any of the main wrestling journalists who believe it's rigged so I don't know why anyone would think they are. Unless it's just your typical Irish cynicism. ;)

Yeah, I've heard Meltzer mention a couple of times recently about how they'll push certain guys or matches, but if the fans vote for something else then Vince is determined to stick with it. He brought up the case of Piper getting voted into the tag match when Dusty was obviously who they wanted

Sure look at what happened on Raw. It's obvious who they want in the main event, and the guy who's most likely to spoil those plans was the only one of the three challengers to get pinned. I don't think they'd try to influence the fans so much if they were just going to rig it anyway

I'm sure the two guys who don't get into the main event will have some sort of match too. Jeff vs Kennedy could be good if it's anything like their last match on Raw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

well, I suppose with all the steroids and drugs scandals going on, they probably wouldn't want a bbc style "tricking the viewers" style scandal either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Has to be HBK...great to see him back. Should be a good match.

Austin....was so tempted to vote Foley though.

Morrison....for the pure fact that I don't like BDV and I can't stand Miz even more.

Street Fight, even though I think it could end up being a cage match

MMA, even though I haven't watched much of it, it would be interesting to see how it would pan out.

It has to be a Shillelagh on a Pole match.....oh how the Irish all over the world must be proud :p

I hope there is some sort of tag team match, Cade & Murdoch vs. Londrick vs. Highlanders with the options being a Tables, Ladders or Chairs match maybe?

Btw is this ppv on the 28th?? Any ad I've seen for it have never included the date :confused:

Yeah, the Sunday after this next one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Fozzy wrote: »
    Yeah, the Sunday after this next one

Cheers, will be able to watch it live so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Kennedy. just because i cant stand michaels and jeff shudnt even be in the picture and should be defending the IC title

went for JBL becuase its just getting predictable with SCSA

Morisson because i think he just completely out-skills the other two

went for street fight but i think it will be steel cage

went for boxing just cos matt looks ridiculous in a boxing helmet

stretcher because i cant see mysterio beating finlay in a strecther match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭jeffk

AND its on @ 12 not the normal 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

I haven't voted but I like the idea of a HHH/Umaga cage match. Its been a while since I've seen a really good cage affair, and I reckon these are the two to deliver one!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

this is what i think will happen not what i neccesarily want to happen but what i think the influenced young audience would choose (cynical i know)

Randy Orton vs Shawn Michaels (WWE title)
    hes the biggest name who just made his comeback and its what the WWE are building

Referee: JBL or Stone Cold

as much as i love Mick (2nd favourite wrestler of all time) it will be either Stone Cold who was one of the biggest names in the biz and who is still constantley refered to due to the condemed or JBL due to his antics on SD suggesting he would make a title change hands.

honestly dont know but i also dont think it matters as the title wont change hand Punk will either beat Miz, Kane will interfere if its Vicera or cos Morrison could have a proper feud down the line Miz or Vicera or both would interfere.

Triple H vs Umaga (Steel Cage Match)
    everyone loves a cage match and out of the options available it comes across as the most extreme type of match...people like that

MVP vs. Matt Hardy (MMA Match)
    people wont vote for wrestling as thats normal (boring) and MMA includes boxing so MMA is the most attractive proposition, however like someone else said MVP will prob just get a famous MMA guy to take his place.

Rey Mysterio vs. Finlay ( Shillelagh on a Pole Match )
    id like the stretcher match but this will be the novelty vote people picking it for the laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Thewici

Randy Orton vs want Jeff Hardy but think it will be Shawn Michaels (WWE title)
    Referee: Mick foley or Stone Cold
    hope its stone cold
    CM Punk vs John Morrisson, The Miz or Big Daddy V (ECW Title
    coulndt care less about this one
    Triple H vs Umaga street fight
    looking forward to this
    MVP vs. Matt Hardy (MMA Match)
    cant wait to see hardy kick mvps ass
    Rey Mysterio vs. Finlay ( Shillelagh on a Pole Match )
    irish pride

Advertisement