Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Holy $hit!! hondas eh

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Like cruelty to animals I feel strangely uncomfortable watching cruelty to cars. Maybe Im a bit mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

JHMEG wrote: »
    No sorry, M5 doesn't qualify to be a "monster". Afterall it is a family saloon!

Maybe I am just used to small engines, but any 5 litre V10 that puts out 500bhp and does 0-100km/hr in 4.5s I consider some monster. Not exactly run of the mill stuff. As for a family saloon, unless you like peeling your loved ones off the rear window it's not really a family car. By this reckoning would this make the Merc C63 AMG a family saloon also?
    Even tho the engine is cool, can the M5 even be called cool even? Luxurious, fast, smooth etc.. but cool.. don't think so.

Matter of opinion - cooler than a Daewoo thats for sure! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

jayok wrote: »
    You need to drive an M5 that V10 just roars.

It had bloody well want to, it sounds worse than a diesel at idle.....

And yes I've heard one at idle, which is why I said it.

If ever a car that sounds so disappointing at idle this is it. Even a 4 banger can do better, and its no match for properly loud 6 pot BMW like the E34 and especially the E30.

It sounds great on youtube, once you go beyond about 6,000 rpm though!

Actually I wish BMW would go back to the days when you knew they were coming about 5 mins before they were due to arrive! They have that beautiful straight 6 completely muted these days unless you're in the car now. And Volvo should join them, I'm still missing the lovely wail of the 850/S70/V70(Mk1). All the 5 pot Volvos that have come ever since sound like 4 bangers at idle, not a good thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

E92 wrote: »
    It had bloody well want to, it sounds worse than a diesel at idle.....

The only diesel the M5 sounds like is a Honda Diesel - super quiet. Don't know what diesels or M5 you heard but the V10 doesn't rattle at all.

As for loud 6-pot - take off the back box if you want loud. There is significant difference in tone between a V10 and a I6 on song and I6 just won't match it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Anan1 wrote: »
    You have to watch the whole thing.;)

Just did. Boring. Waste of time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Where do i go to get my 8 mins back? Seriously what a shower of dopes to do that to a car, new front and yer laughing.

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

unkel wrote: »
    Just did. Boring. Waste of time...
    Just like a pr0n movie you can fast forward to the good bit!:D

Advertisement