Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia firmware update help

Options
  • 18-10-2007 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am trying to update the firmware of the router supplied to me by eircom. According to the sticker on this wireless router I have a netopia 2247NWG-EIR. When I check for details of the router on the web browser address (http://192.168.1.254) it tells me that I have a netopia 2247-02.

I rang eircom and was told that I had the NWG model. Initially he told me it didn't matter as they were the same model anyway, but when I asked him why would there be different firmware updates for each model if they were the same, he couldn't answer me and said to use the firmware update file associated with the NWG model.

From the web browser address I noted that the current software version for the model I'm using is 7.7.0r3. According to the website providing the firmware updates the latest revision for the 2247NWG router is 7.6.0r3 and that for the 2247-02 router is 7.7.0r6.

Just going by these numbers I believe I should be updating from 7.7.0r3 to 7.7.0r6 which would imply that I have the 2247-02 model, instead of updating from 7.7.0r3 to 7.6.0r3 which I should do if the eircom guy is correct in telling me I have the NWG model.

Any help sorting this out would be greatfully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

Mine says it's a 2247NWG-VGx, it was bught in PCWorld.

My current firmware is 7.6.0r3.
    I was thinkingabout upgrading, not sure if it's worth it or not, but the latest firmware I can find for mine is 7.7.0r2, why do you think it's 7.7.0r3 for the 2247NWG-VGx, a typo perhaps?

Anyway, going from 7.7 to7.6 is a downgrade, I doubt you'll want that.

From the Netopia support page,
    http://www.netopia.com/support/hardware/2200.html

There appears to be only one 2247 model available.

Yours may be a special version for Eircom, how long do you have it?
    Apart from the Eircom logo on the case & the banner in the admin pages, it's probably a standard 2247NWG-VGx & I think there is only one firmware stream.

I seem to remember upgrading mine a long time ago & the Eircom logo was retained.

Hopefully this post will prompt someone who has "been there-done that" to jump in & offer some advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

When I check for details of the router on the web browser address (http://192.168.1.254) it tells me that I have a netopia 2247-02.

I get the same when I check mine.
    I downloaded the firmware for 2247-02 router (version 7.7.0r6.) and everything is working as it should.
    HTH.
    mickzer.

Advertisement