Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women In PJ's.... WTF

Options
  • 18-10-2007 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Seen 2 girls tonight at 8PM go into a petrol station in their Pj's!! Come on women i thought this only applied to Dublin..:(:eek::(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if I wore pj's, I'd wear them outside

it's not like anyof the clothes people wear ona regular basis look any less ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Wasn't there a similar thread to this here about six months ago?

I couldn't go out in my night attire; I'd be done for public indecency! And they'd be trying to return me to the whale enclosure in SeaWorld!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Mordeth wrote: »
    if I wore pj's, I'd wear them outside

it's not like anyof the clothes people wear ona regular basis look any less ridiculous.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

it's laziness, they probably couldnt be arsed dressing up, until they dressed up for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Ive seen it a lot in Dublin, slippers the lot, but not here! oh no...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

A lot of visiting yanks go to college in their pyjamas.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

wet-paint wrote: »
    A lot of visiting yanks go to college in their pyjamas.

In the fashion parade that is NUIG they would stand out quite a bit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

NUIG, fashion parade? I gotta get outta Nun's Island sometime.

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    NUIG, fashion parade? I gotta get outta Nun's Island sometime.

I swear for a full 3 weeks in NUIG I was nearly the only girl wearing a hoodie!! It's all skirts and skinny jeans and little tops. Having said that, UCC is worse!!

Only time I would ever wear my PJs outside is if I have to drop my sister somewhere at night, when I'm too lazy to change and I know no one will see me.

Only time I would ever wear my PJs outside is if I have to drop my sister somewhere at night, when I'm too lazy to change and I know no one will see me.

My mother used to do that as well. If there was anything she needed in the morning, she'd drive me to the shop in her PJs and ask me to get 'em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fey! wrote: »
    Wasn't there a similar thread to this here about six months ago?
    I got dejavu as well http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=52354863
    Women, feel free to wear PJ's. Me likes evilgrin39.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I swear for a full 3 weeks in NUIG I was nearly the only girl wearing a hoodie!!
    Oh come on, hoodies are rampant now that every society, ever class and social subgroup have ones made up.

If you need to publicly advertise that you're in the B Corp Law class and have a "witty" slogan to prove it, perhaps 3rd level education isn't for you.

Robbo wrote: »
    Oh come on, hoodies are rampant now that every society, ever class and social subgroup have ones made up.

If you need to publicly advertise that you're in the B Corp Law class and have a "witty" slogan to prove it, perhaps 3rd level education isn't for you.

I agree, which is why I have never owned nor will I ever own a college hoodie!!

I actually meant that I didn't see a hoodie for the first 3 weeks cos lots of people were in the 'dressing to impress' stage of college. That usually ends after a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

So nobody has ever run to the corner shop(next door) on a sunday for the paper in their pyjamas and a coat thrown over? It's convenient if you like reading the paper in bed without hassle of changing in and out. Also a lot of pyjamas are tracksuit style so I guess I don't look too obvious. Let people wear what they want as long and as they obey common decency it really doesn't affect us!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I agree, which is why I have never owned nor will I ever own a college hoodie!!

I actually meant that I didn't see a hoodie for the first 3 weeks cos lots of people were in the 'dressing to impress' stage of college. That usually ends after a few weeks.

Despite wandering in every morning like someone who was forced to stay awake all night, most of the girls doing arts seem hell bent on looking well. I was surprised, there's a few girls who wander around looking different (the girl who always wears the long black coat and trilby springs to mind)

Despite wandering in every morning like someone who was forced to stay awake all night, most of the girls doing arts seem hell bent on looking well. I was surprised, there's a few girls who wander around looking different (the girl who always wears the long black coat and trilby springs to mind)

What I really find hilarious is the way some of the Comm girls dress.....velour tracksuit, orange tan, full make-up, and a 'designer' bag the size of your house. If someone had to wear PJs out, it should be them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

this thread has become faculty-ist.

me never sees any hots wimmens in NUIG because i spend most me time in the IT department. :( i would be happy to see a decent looking woman in PJs, skirts, what have you... anything, as long as i'd get to see them.

Gothic?That's Michelle.She is in my class.

What I really find hilarious is the way some of the Comm girls dress.....velour tracksuit, orange tan, full make-up, and a 'designer' bag the size of your house. If someone had to wear PJs out, it should be them.

Oh the Oompah Loompahs.

I love them

Hilarious.

Guys don't tend to have this problem. I dress for functionality.

There's a few of them around. What class?

I'm guessing you guys are in college now, interesting that we could all be in the same room. I'm off to Legal Science.

Sigh

With the woman who reads us poems on legal cases.

she never wears a trilby

• Advertisement

What year/class is the person your talking about here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Looks like someone just got back from visiting the relations in the 'big schmoke'

eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

bring back the Crombie - twas all the rage in my day...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

DonalN wrote: »
    bring back the Crombie - twas all the rage in my day...

...and in my day, we were so poor we didn't have hats. 24 of us had to shelter beneath a lone dock leaf when it rained because there was no roof on the house.

And as for PJs, well, we had to make do with an empty potato bag if we wanted to nip to the shops on a Sunday morning, and when we did, it wasn't for the papers we went; we couldn't even afford the free local one... :D

you forgot to mntion that you walked to school barefoot, in the snow, 5 miles to school and back, uphill all the way

And that you paid with buttons, no food except on a sunday when you might trade a child for half a rotten turnip.

I'd always be goggle eyed whenever my old man told me this as a kid.
    Then it turns out his great aunt says the exact same thing to him when he visits her.

It's just something every generation does.

And that you paid with buttons, no food except on a sunday when you might trade a child for half a rotten turnip.

I'd always be goggle eyed whenever my old man told me this as a kid.
    Then it turns out his great aunt says the exact same thing to him when he visits her.

It's just something every generation does.

Hey, they had food....they got an orange for Christmas!! (Well, if they were from a wealthy family!) If someone gave me an orange for Christmas I'd throw it at them. I'm a material girl dammit.

Actually, speaking of gifts, and seeing as this thread is about PJs, I got 2 pairs of PJs for my birthday today.....might try them out in NUIG next week!!

Except I would freeze. How are these people not cold?? I always wear 2 hoodies.

Hey, they had food....they got an orange for Christmas!! (Well, if they were from a wealthy family!) If someone gave me an orange for Christmas I'd throw it at them. I'm a material girl dammit.

Actually, speaking of gifts, and seeing as this thread is about PJs, I got 2 pairs of PJs for my birthday today.....might try them out in NUIG next week!!

Except I would freeze. How are these people not cold?? I always wear 2 hoodies.

Happy Birthday

I'm wearing a hoody.

I got back late last night after seeing the Departed and drinking.

So a hood covers the fact my hair is lank.

Great stuff

Excellent, Soc and Pol next.
    the politics lecturer is a legend.

• Advertisement

Happy Birthday

I'm wearing a hoody.

I got back late last night after seeing the Departed and drinking.

So a hood covers the fact my hair is lank.

Great stuff

Excellent, Soc and Pol next.
    the politics lecturer is a legend.

Thanks!! Yup, hoodies are good for that too. You cant hide anything in PJs!!

Ah the joys of undergrad-ness (right??), lectures on a Friday and this early in the morning!! I'll stick with being a post-grad!!

Advertisement