Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dangerous Active Content Warnings

Options
  • 18-10-2007 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭

I've received the following warning message several times this morning when I navigate to certain pages including, for example, the main Feedback page (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=82) & the Post New Thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=82) page:

Part of this page has been blocked due to the following reason: The website contains dangerous active content which is denied.
    Security transaction ID: 2C48B68B

The only item that appears to be blocked is the boards.ie image at the top left of the page. Also, I don't appear to be able to use any of the controls for formatting, inserting images, etc. into this message.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What sort of virus protection / security stuff are you using?

What program is giving you this error?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

DeV:

Internet Explorer (V6.0 SP2) is throwing up the warning. I'm accessing the interweb from my workplace but I've no idea what security apps they have in place.

As far as I am aware there were no significant changes to security/virus protection in the past 24 hours. I thought I'd mention it as I've never had this problem before when accessing boards from my work network.

Virus protection is Symantec AV.

Tried to edit the previous message to update it, but the 'Save' and 'Advanced' controls appeared to be disabled.

Anyway, looks likes the snafu is at my end as no-one else seems to be having any difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Had a similar warning about an hour ago, didn't pay much attention to it (i.e. can't remember the wording), clicked it away and it worked again.

BTW ...my drop-down menue at the top of the page either isn't there at all or when it is, it isn't working.

Neither are the smileys, nothing happens when you click on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Virus protection is Symantec AV.

Tried to edit the previous message to update it, but the 'Save' and 'Advanced' controls appeared to be disabled.

Anyway, looks likes the snafu is at my end as no-one else seems to be having any difficulty.
    Looks like the security policy is blocking some scripts in the Internet zone on your machine.

You can add boards.ie to the trusted sites zone which should get around this. Provided that you trust boards.ie :)

• Advertisement

peasant wrote: »
    Had a similar warning about an hour ago, didn't pay much attention to it (i.e. can't remember the wording), clicked it away and it worked again.

BTW ...my drop-down menue at the top of the page either isn't there at all or when it is, it isn't working.

Neither are the smileys, nothing happens when you click on them.

So it's not just me then. I can't use the smileys or any of the other formatting controls.

@seamus - Unfortunately I don't have sufficient privileges to change my 'trusted sites'.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Currently everything is back to working as it should ...

...he said before he found out that smileys or formatting didn't work....again...

Fifteen minutes ago (in motors) everything worked.

It looks like this sorted itself today. Thanks for your input folks.

Advertisement