Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a football team

Options
  • 18-10-2007 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

I guess this would've been best in the footie forum but i cant post there :( basically am moving over to Dublin in a few weeks and I need a regular football fix so going to have to get myself a local side to cheer on. With no historic ties to anyone in Dublin just wondering which side has the best atmosphere, nice enough stadium, cheap pies. plays good football and will be a pleasure to watch; that sort of thing.

Somewhere I won't get my head kicked in for having an English accent will be nice too :D

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Where in Dublin are you moving to and we'll tell you your local team

Hope it's not near Bohemians :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

daniel3982 wrote: »
    which side has the best atmosphere, nice enough stadium, cheap pies. plays good football and will be a pleasure to watch; that sort of thing.

Somewhere I won't get my head kicked in for having an English accent will be nice too :D

Cheers

Most LOI stadiums in Dublin are poor quality. Conference standard.

I dont think we really have pies in Ireland. Sorry about that

It wont matter being English

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

daniel3982 wrote: »
    I guess this would've been best in the footie forum but i cant post there :( basically am moving over to Dublin in a few weeks and I need a regular football fix so going to have to get myself a local side to cheer on. With no historic ties to anyone in Dublin just wondering which side has the best atmosphere, nice enough stadium, cheap pies. plays good football and will be a pleasure to watch; that sort of thing.

Cheers

The Irish season is nearly over mate so that could be a problem for you.

http://shelbournefc.ie/fixtures.php?seasonid=0 - join the forum aswell ;) - we've two home games left and you'll be made welcome. Don't worry about the pies, we a have a Burdocks stand (fish and chips basically) :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Definitely Shels :)

Great flags and displays most weeks.

Friendly bar, and the best football in the First Division.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

DesF wrote: »
    Definitely Shels :)

Great flags and displays most weeks.

Friendly bar, and the best football in the First Division.

Sounds good guys, I'll check out Shelbourne!

Forgot you guys played summer football, ah well the premierleague will have to keep me going til the live stuff starts again, how's the standard of the LOI these days? I used to watch a lot of Irish League football and it was roughly conference standard I'd say, but that was an age ago and the likes of Doyle have made a big impact in England so would you say its improved these days?

I dont mind though, prefer watching conference football and having a nice pint in the club bar then paying £30 to watch overrated tosh in the premiership anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭- bo -

Next Friday the 26th the Cup semi-final between Bohemians and Cork City is on in Dalymount Park in Phibsboro, definitely gonna be a cracking atmosphere at it, check it out...
    http://www.bohemians.ie/
    http://www.thebohs.com/forum/index.php
    DSCF3743.jpg

Advertisement