Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[req] BT best and most cost effective

Options
  • 18-10-2007 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm using East BT for about 3 years and find them excellent. We pay about €150 (inc vat) every two months including calls. Calls are usually €10 - €20 every two months.

However, as a sanity check, am I selecting the best package and provider.

http://www.btireland.ie/AtHome_bb_talk.shtml

Its the deluxe bundle. Before anyone asks, "no" I can't get the 8mb. We do need a landline option but could purchase this separately.

I don't use the connection for gaming, rarely for web camera. But would be a very heavy download user. You can never get enough of heroes!

Many thanks in advance for your wisdom and comments.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Frankly if you make a lot of calls to UK landlines as part of your bundle then you simply cannot beat BT , at all. I take it you have a bundle with BT and are not paying separately for calls and BB ???

Their BB is as good as anyone elses unless your area has LLU operators .

If you did not make numerous calls to the UK I would suggest you look at Smart maybe .

Same bundle as myself.

I left BT over a year ago after a protracted mess they made on my billing.
    Leaving them seemed to be the handiest way to sort things as well as sending them a cheque for the balance they never collected.
    I'm now back and so far(touching plenty of wood) their billing has been running smoothly for me.

Mind you I am watching it like a hawk this time so they don't "forget" to collect again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

I would have prefered smart but not available in my exchange, one over and one down yes, but of course not here. I went with BT for "unlimited download...thats not really unlimited" Ericom seems like crazy pricing for best package with a 50gb cap. A lot of people think that not downloading stuff keeps them well within their caps not reliesing watching youtube , surfing email attachements all eat up bandwidth and their cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This thread is 2 years old, and the information way out of date.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement