Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QuakeNight(tm) V2.0

Options
  • 18-10-2007 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Avast !

So the weekend approaches and the opportunity for another Sunday night of murder and mayhem awaits us. So if you're interested feel free to reply with any suggestions or just turnip on the teamspeak server and #quakewars.ie for around 8:30pm.

You will need teamspeak since we make extensive use of it and use the HIV teamspeak server on [url=teamspeak://games3.iol.ie:8777]games3.iol.ie:8777[/url]. If you haven't got a headset, get one tis only a tenner or so.

Fairy will provide the actual server (unranked and passworded) details of which will be posted in both the irc channel and the teamspeak channel on sunday night.

As before the teams will be primarily divided on PoP and TiG lines with the johnny come-lately's used to balance the teams. (if you want to be grouped with someone let us know and if possible we'll do it).

As for rules, there are none. If you can get it or get to it in game then you can use it.

The two maps with the highest vote will be used. 9 votes

Quarry - Lake District, England. Strogg must blow up the ship.
    0%
    Salvage - Lapland, Finland. Tomas the tank engine must die.
    55%
    Rev HellfireLucutusthe_sycoBioHazRdGrim. 5 votes
    Sewer - Miura Peninsula, Kanagawa, Japan. There's trouble in yonder sewers.
    44%
    MaximilianTheHairyFairyDavid Kpsycho_frodo 4 votes
    Valley - Yosemite Valley, California, USA. Strangely familar.
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 psycho_frodo

Sounds like fun. We could consider mixing the teams a bit more though as it is for fun at the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

i'll be around sunday night but personally speaking I would perfer a mix type thing as PoP have the stronger players right now and it would be a fairly one sided affair. but thats my 2euroncenty type thingys

• Registered Users Posts: 47 molc

Aye, mixed teams ftw. Not clan scrims after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'll try and make it this week while at the same time succesfully restricting use of the network so I can get pings - -!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

id like a bit of valley :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

How about ppl just pick the side they want to be on in Teamspeak.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Or we could just do a random allocation on the server. Only problem is I can't alt-tab out of QW - can anyone else as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Max, com_usefastvidrestart will allow you to ALT-Enter for Windowed mode, then you can ALT-TAB away.

I heard rumours of a third party minimiser which might be handy also, haven't gone looking for it yet though.

looking forward to another thrashing on Sunday.

:)

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'll have to give that a try, thanks.

www.idcation.com

your trusty qw minimisor :D

works like a charm :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 psycho_frodo

Downloaded that myself but have to mess with the configuration. Tis a handy tool alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Enabling Alt-Enter is pretty easy. You can Alt-Enter at the end of a level, browse while the next is loading etc and then Alt-Enter to full screen again.

Yeah, that alt-enter thing works just fine. Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Can I suggest that the PoP - TiG split be completely mixed. Tis only for a bit of fun after all, and there will certainly be enough people who know the game to help out noobs. Maybe if Tig and PoP nominate 1 person to be a team leader and then they pick a player each in rotation, with every second pick being from the other clan until there are no more clanned players, whereby they start picking non clanned players. That way we should see a good mix.

Bio

that doesnt sound to bad bio..

if thats the way its gonna be then we do the picking thing on irc before we start to see who we have .. :)

Rather than do the picking in IRC I'd suggest doing it via TS. That way we can just tell ppl which channel is which team and you don't need to worry about alt-tab etc. Personally I'd prefer to see ppl allowed pick their own teams with ppl only moved if the teams aren't balanced.

Ok, the masses have spoken !

Tonights murder-fest is Quarry and Salvage. You will need to be on TeamSpeak as a minimum.
    We'll sort the teams out from there, if you want a subchannel speak now and I'll set it up for you.

The teamspeak server is teamspeak://games3.iol.ie:8777 you'll see two team channels jump into one. We'll also be on irc in #quakewars.ie

Would rather not do mixed teams. Ideally just the normal split and then add and subtract until even, peeps will know etc.

Suggest this is open ts next week, on Revs Ranked server, no fixed teams or maps etc. We play a few maps etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Excellent game people... can't wait 'til next week !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Suggest this is open ts next week, on Revs Ranked server, no fixed teams or maps etc. We play a few maps etc.

yep agreed look forward to it o>

Also someone asked why we where playing in stopwatch mode? AFAIK stopwtch swaps the teams at the end of each round, so therefore you get to play each map as attacking and defending, means we use an unranked server though, again not a problem. I think this is better myself. Also maps for next week?

Hows about Ark and Canyon. Both very vehicle centric maps, what about playing each without any air at all? Open to suggestions and views on this whole concept, especially from the non clanned guys.

Ark and Canyon sound good to me, though we can always do a vote on the server anyway.

One problem using a ranked server is you can't password it, a server with the numbers we get will most certainly fill pretty quick. That said we can always kick anyone who's not the TS server when a place is required.

That said maybe allowing the use of troop carriers might be worth doing since we'll have the numbers to make them useful.

I can update the HIV motd if we are using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 David K

yea think we'll all enjoy the mixed teams and the craic that'll be had,
    can c more than 2 maps being played so throw up some more maps anyway.
    lock the server down from about 8 so any1 around can jump on and warm up,find camper spots & stuff :)

yeah sounds good..if a ranked serv cant be passworded i dont like like tha look of that :(

rather play on non ranked where the only people that can join is the people who actually know bout the event :)

but anyhow looking forward to it :D

OK then same server ip.priestsofpain.com, this is the smartgaming server, and same password. Do people object to playing stopwatch? It does mean some possible short games if the defending team make a mess of setting up, but then you get to play each map twice, and we might get through three maps?

Looks like ranked servers cann't be passworded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Would love to play, but Sunday nights really don't suit me at the moment :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Sry i missed this,was at a birthday party .... hacking the pool table ,capturing the pints,destroying the liver,planting bombs in the toilet,and judging by my hangover .... i've dropped my data brain !
    I'll make it this sunday i pwomise ! ;)

• Advertisement

I think we should give the ranked server a go, chances are we'll make the mass of people on it. I've no problem kicking people to make run for others who need in from TS, added to which both tig and pop have rcon on it.

Advertisement