Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Race 07 - for the PC

• 18-10-2007 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭

Anybody play it?
    I bought it on Monday in GAME in Dundrum. They have the wrong price marked on it so it only cost me €25 :)
    It's actually not a bad sim! The 1st one in the series was ok, but this is much better.
    It still sucks (as do 90% of racing sims) online which is a shame, but its a nice offline sim.
    Well worth the €25 if u ask me! :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Prefered GTR2 tbh, I hated RACE's engine sounds and the game just didn't feel right, also such a small selection of cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Not including variations, there's about 10 different cars in Race '07 I believe. I picked it up on steam when it was released and I've been enjoying it so far. The F-BMWs, Caterhams and Radicals are great fun to drive. The graphics still look a bit plastic for my tastes though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Finding it a very fun sim.
    I love the open wheelers,havent tried online yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

must try and get mah mits on this.

Its pretty much the only racer im playing these days.
    I just love the F3000`s.
    By far the best simbin product imo.
    Played some online races tonight ,had a blast,better netcode than i expected.

• Advertisement

Played some more today and loving it.
    Online is silky smooth based on the 7 or 8 races ive taken part in.
    Little if any warping,everyone seemed to have low pings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Gave the demo a whirl last night online. Decent enough. Still wierd how somtimes it feels like you are floating above the track, for lack of a better expression.

Strange i dont get that feeling at all m8.
    I actually find the whole game is very immersive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

nikimere wrote: »
    Well worth the €25 if u ask me! :p

Niki you jammy bastard....I seen it marked up in Game in Tallaght for €55....no chance, I'll wait for it togo platinum ;)...how tricks anyway mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

I'm not too bad. I haven't had much time for sims as of late. I moved house and lost internet for a few weeks. At the moment i'm on a temporary Clearwire connection... which sucks big time!
    BT arriving this week so i've be making a come back shortly! :p
    You still on LFS CSU?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

I got Race 07 a few weeks ago, I must say that its an alright game but the FFB is very bad. Its very like rFactor and the BMW Challenge game (not sure if they are made by the same company?). I think LFS is miles above the rest, the best physics and ffb around and probably the best community. For those of you who havent tried it, i suggest you do :)

@Niki, i was wondering why you werent around much on lfsf :) Gratz on the new house mate ;)

As much as i love LFS its feeling really old now.
    FFB in Race 07 and all ISI based games are better than LFS by some distance imo - well on my G25 atleast.
    Physics are great on LFS but also great on Race 07.
    To me it boils down to which offers the best close racing and online.
    Both race 07 and LFS are great here.
    As for best community im not so sure.
    It great for sure but so are others,id argue that the GPL is the best simracing community about.

Advertisement