Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phoneline - not connected - eircom

Options
  • 18-10-2007 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for some quick advice. I just moved into a new house I'm renting and would like to get BB. There is a phoneline there and there is a dial tone but it's not connected as it does not ring out. I do not know what the phone number was or is. What do I do, Do I contact Ericom and get somebody out to set it up or if I contacted my landlord and he knew the previous phone number could I just ring them to connect it or would the old number be gone anyway?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If there is a tone, then eircom can re-enable it if you promise to pay them. It's likely it would have the same number as before. But what number it has is not really relevant.

After the you sign up for line then you separately order DSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

ring from that line 199000 and the voice will tell you your number :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

you should also be able to line test that number once its spoken back to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

ring from that line 199000 and the voice will tell you your number :)

brilliant, thanks! i'll check it out once i get home so.

Advertisement