Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can it be done...changing the mobo without having to reinstall windows

Options
  • 18-10-2007 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭

hi

So i have windows vista premium os
    I'm just changing the motherboard and ram, everything else will reamain the same,

current system core duo based htpc system..can i just swap the mobo around wihtout a dreaded renistall?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

stevejazzx wrote: »
    hi

So i have windows vista premium os
    I'm just changing the motherboard and ram, everything else will reamain the same,

current system core duo based htpc system..can i just swap the mobo around wihtout a dreaded renistall?

If they use the same drivers for the hard disk controller you can often get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Do what he said just use the microsoft driver and that should be that.

Advertisement