Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oracle Query Costing Tool

Options
  • 18-10-2007 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I am looking for a freeware application that will tell me the cost of queries that are running against an oracle system
    Does anyone know of any

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Why don't you just generate the explain plan for the statement you are running...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

We have a reporting application that sits on the database but it doesnt have an explain plan attached
    So i need a freeware app to just check that queries are actually being run against the database and their costing

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Generate a session level trace, step through your app, use tkprof to format the trace, have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

So i need a freeware app to just check that queries are actually being run against the database and their costing
    This is already built into Oracle - check out EXPLAIN PLAN.

Advertisement