Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Lewis sells his stake to Far East Investor

Options
  • 18-10-2007 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

:confused:Asian investor buys into Spurs
    tribalfooball.com - October 18, 2007
    spacer.gif
    Far East interest is set to buy into Tottenham. The Daily Express says reports on Thursday morning claim Spurs' majority shareholder Joe Lewis has agreed in principle to sell his stake in the club to a Far East investor, with a deal to go through at the end of the season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hmmm, he owns a pretty large stake, doesn't he? I wonder what that means for the club?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

If Joe Lewis is selling up it means ENIC is selling up, he's the main investor in ENIC and founded the Tavistock Group which is the vehicle used to control Tottenham Hotspur.

Writing's been on the wall for a long time now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

I guess the question is, WHO are these "Far East Investors" and what will they do for the club? I am always a little wary of Investors, with no passion for the club and football. However the flip side of that is you could end up with someone like Roman Abramovich who takes TO MUCH of an interest in how the club is run (football is played) etc. I guess there is little to be gained by worrying about it now anyway, what will be will be in the world of big finance, we can only hope for the best and hope that our team do the business on the field, now, and next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

John W wrote: »
    I guess the question is, WHO are these "Far East Investors" and what will they do for the club? I am always a little wary of Investors, with no passion for the club and football. However the flip side of that is you could end up with someone like Roman Abramovich who takes TO MUCH of an interest in how the club is run (football is played) etc. I guess there is little to be gained by worrying about it now anyway, what will be will be in the world of big finance, we can only hope for the best and hope that our team do the business on the field, now, and next year!

id be happy for abramovich to take control and buy us the a couple of leagues and extra silver ware and some extended run in europes top league the CL.

im not proud. :)

id be happy for people to say we bought the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

id be happy for abramovich to take control and buy us the a couple of leagues and extra silver ware and some extended run in europes top league the CL.

im not proud. :)

id be happy for people to say we bought the league.

Problem is that is only a short term fix, and we want to build for a long term future. Chelski are now finding this out - expect Chelski to unravel before your very eyes this season (it is going to be great to watch!) I already hear reports of unrest in the dressing room, Drog has publicly declared he wants to leave the club ASAP, apparently Terry is of the same mind - Brilliant stuff!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

John W wrote: »
    Problem is that is only a short term fix, and we want to build for a long term future.

Gosh we've been a long time rebuilding - so maybe a billionnaire and a few trophies would be ok in short term!!

By the way Levy has denied this story - he also owns 10% apparently.

Advertisement