Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend (19-22/10/07)

• 18-10-2007 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Some teams that might have beaten Cyprus...

Friday, Oct 19
    Bray Wanderers 7:45 Galway United Carlisle Grounds
    Derry City 7:45 Bohemians :cool: The Brandywell
    St Patrick's Athletic 7:45 Shamrock Rovers Richmond Park
    UCD 7:45 Longford Town Belfield Park
    Drogheda United 7:55 Cork City United Park
    Saturday, Oct 20
    Sligo Rovers 7:45 Waterford United The Showgrounds
    Monday, Oct 22
    Bohemians :cool: 7:45 UCD Dalymount Park
    Cork City 7:45 St Patrick's Athletic Turner's Cross
    Longford Town 7:45 Bray Wanderers Flancare Park

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

4 points from these 2 and i think we will finish 2nd, altho 3rd and cork winning the cup is as good as 2nd :D

We have to beat rovers tomorrow, we have a nearly settled team JMC is playing our best back four and our midfield is nearly as good as it can get, O neill is back playing and i think we can win morrow. Biggest game of the season tbh.

fancy Cork on monday too and hopefully Drogs win morrow as we will draw 0-0 with UCD and then play hopefully Drogs u17s in the last game.

Clarke
    Brennan Maguire Paisley Rogers
    Fahey Gibson keane kirby
    Oneill Quigley

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

KdjaCL wrote: »
    4 points from these 2 and i think we will finish 2nd, altho 3rd and cork winning the cup is as good as 2nd :D
    Third and Cork losing the cup might also work for us :D

SectionF wrote: »
    Third and Cork losing the cup might also work for us :D

hmmm we could get intertoto out of that but no setanta, **** eufa cup intertoto is where its at games are on a saturday :cool:

Pats qualifying by Default since 07 :cool:

Cant wait to sing "we all here on a tech-ni-cality a tec-ni-cality" again

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

would i be ok in the home section at richmond park with a boh's jersey on Friday ??:D:D:D:D

ntlbell wrote: »
    would i be ok in the home section at richmond park with a boh's jersey on Friday ??:D:D:D:D

Not if they let the rovers out at the same time, sad but true.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Not if they let the rovers out at the same time, sad but true.

kdjac

I'll go under cover then :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Don't think Cork City will lose in Drogheda tomorrow.

I'd always fancy our chances against them. We should have beaten them up there early on in the season and the game at the Cross was a non event thanks to Paul Doolin's "came for a draw strategy" .

And with Brian O'Callaghan sidelined we will have a chance of getting a clean sheet.

Whatever happens the Cup semi is the most important game to look forward too.

yes it is now rest your players for monday :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

Would it be wrong for a UCDD fan to hope for a Longford win?

Also, put money on Bohs next Monday, it'll be a second string UCD team.

yes it is now rest your players for monday :D

kdjac

The Frank & Walters were supposed to be playing at half time is this game but I think its hit a snag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Don't think Cork City will lose in Drogheda tomorrow.

I'd always fancy our chances against them. We should have beaten them up there early on in the season and the game at the Cross was a non event thanks to Paul Doolin's "came for a draw strategy" .

And with Brian O'Callaghan sidelined we will have a chance of getting a clean sheet.

I'm looking forward to Drogheda beating Cork tomorrow night. All the tickets sold out first thing on Saturday morning for this one. I had to go all the way to Cork to buy mine. I hope we don't lose after going to all that bother. :)

PDN wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to Drogheda beating Cork tomorrow night. All the tickets sold out first thing on Saturday morning for this one. I had to go all the way to Cork to buy mine. I hope we don't lose after going to all that bother. :)

so 1500 at the game :|

:D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

so 1500 at the game :|

:D

kdjac

Sadly 2000 is our legal capacity, and United gave Cork more than the 10% minimum allocation.

John_C wrote: »
    next Monday, it'll be a second string UCD team.
    How so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

1st Division
    Limerick V Kilkenny 4/9 11/4 11/2
    Monaghan V Shelbourne 2/1 21/10 6/5
    Saturday Oct 20
    Cobh V Dundalk 1/1 21/10 12/5
    Wexford V Finn Harps 11/2 11/4 4/9
    Kildare V Athlone 1/1 21/10 12/5

Biggest game of the season for Dundalk in a game we have to win to have any chance of finishing in the top 2. The omens aren't too good though as We hardly ever get a result down in Cobh. Think we've won once in the last 10 visits or something. Plenty of draws but that won't be good enough if we want to overtake Cobh.

Reckon Shels might get a result up in Monaghan. Monaghan have been pants lately and have lost their last 4 games in a row(3 at home). Shels are missing Chambers and Crawford (Malcolm too, is he any good?) but they've seemed to get on ok in previous games when those two have been missing.

Finn Harps against Wexford looks a banker, hopefully though Wexford can raise their game and snatch a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Pighead wrote: »
    Shels are missing Chambers and Crawford (Malcolm too, is he any good?) but they've seemed to get on ok in previous games when those two have been missing.

Yeah, a smashing centre half.

He's been a starter in every game he's been fit for since arriving.

DesF wrote: »
    Yeah, a smashing centre half.

He's been a starter in every game he's been fit for since arriving.
    Ooooh that tempers the confidence a bit re having a bet on Shels. Whats his replacement like?

That depends.

Alan Keely is his normal partner, and they play very well together. He'll play.

Now, it could be Aidan Collins with him, another good player (in fact, it's hard to choose which two of the three would be best, imo).

But.

Collins has deputised in the middle of midfield on occasion, so he could be put in there instead of Crawford, which could be likely, especially with Chambers out aswell.

The other player who could go into centre half is Brian Gartland. A very good young player, who played before the transfer window when Malcolm came in. He's been doing good stuff for our 21s, and with the manager saying that players are playing for their contracts now, he might just throw Gartland into the mix.

I reckon Collins will play though. If he's fit.

Cheers Des, as comprehensive as ever. Think i'll have a sneaky bet on them at 6/5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

SectionF wrote: »
    How so?
    Pete said he won't be playing too many first team players in the week before the Cup game, though I suppose The Bohs might be doing the same.

• Advertisement

Doubt that. We need the points!

Drogs one up on CC.

Title is going to United Park.

Yawn.

Drogheda playing on the break at home. No surprise there.

I was waiting for it, I just was.

The bitterness of the RRS crowd.

Look, if Drogheda's style of play annoys you, that's tough shít tbh.

It's winning them the league at the moment.

Where are City?

Where are Shels?:D

Where are Shels?:D

:)

Doing well after having the team taken apart piece by piece, no manager until a fortnight before the league campaign began and a serious drop in spending money.

Up until a few weeks ago we were in with a chance to finish third in the 1st Div, and a play off place, unfortunately the transfer window came a bit too late for us.

We'll challenge for promotion next season, an I'm an extremely happy Shels fan at the moment.

Fúck it, I've more serious things to worry about than the style of play of the Premier champions elect, and a whining, bitter Cork City fan.

But thanks for asking all the same.

Pats feckin' hammering Rovers

4-0 it is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Cork get one back.

1-1 now.

OG

• Advertisement

Liam feckin' Kearney.

My hatred for him knows no bounds.

:)

Fúck it, I've more serious things to worry about than the style of play of the Premier champions elect, and a whining, bitter Cork City fan.

Well I think I made a fair point.

Drogheda were sitting back at home. Now they are level and they might have to come and play a bit.

Title to Drogheda.

Great finish.

Congrats to Drogs.

tbh

anytb ibg i typoe bnow is gibbesirish more sos thab sualas

im done i bahve seen the perfect victory.

footbaLL AND being a fan doeasn not gat enyb better than now.

pats 5 rovers 0

thank you god

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Well done Drogs.

Good win for Bohs tonight too.

Also a little shout out to Monaghan on their win as this is where I was born and always look out for their results !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

We'll challenge for promotion next season,

Monaghan United 1 Shelbourne 0

in fairness Des, results like that or the Kilkenny draw or the 3 Harps defeats won't get Shels out of the first next season. there is a core of team with potential but the reality is this current team in this current format isn't justifying the crazy 8k per week wage bill. if Keely uses the winter transfer window effectively, we can bring in 7/8 players who will be taking up less wages and will be better than crap like Reilly, Quinn, O'Brien, Lacey, Rooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

No way is Mark O'Brien crap.

O'Brien is decent.

Also remember, they have nothing to play for at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The invisible man. He got hauled off after 25 minutes for us against Waterford Crystal, thats the only time I remember seeing him "play" for Bohs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Also remember, they have nothing to play for at the moment.
    that's a cop-out, AFAIK most, if not all the squad are playing for contracts next season

i'm not criticising the effort of the players (even O'Brien has ran his ass off) but based on the performances of late some of the lads are quite simply not good enough to sustain a promotion challenge next season, to win the title next season we're talking 4/5 defeats at most all season and not dropping points against the likes of Kilkenny, Shels have already lost 5 league games out of 17 since this new team was put together in July

at this moment in time, promotion is not happening next season unless there are changes amongst 7/8 personnel

• Advertisement

5-0 .......

We started well and had shape and purpose about us, Rovers tried to bully us with some vicious tackles but King Billy is nasty ****er and pretty much gave as good as he got, 1st goal was some simple passing on the right which released fahey to whip in a low cross O Neill flicked it onto Kirby who hit it 1st time keeper didnt even dive.

2nd goal a ball was cleared and fell to King Billy 25 yards out who hit a sweet dipping volley into the top corner. 3rd goal was another cross from Fahey turned in at the back post by Kirby, 4th was O Neill sliding in to get onto Quigleys low cross. 5h one was King Billys 2nd he ran forward played a one two and got into the box one on one easy finish.

You dream of games like that beating rovers 5-0 at home.

Chant of the night " we want you to know we scored 4 in a row".

Shame about what happened after it tho, every pats fan with kids got the **** out of the ground with 10 to go as what happened was expected. Rovers fans ran down Emmet Road smacking anyone that looked like pats fan, police pretty much smacked anyone who was running.

5-0 thank you baby jebus.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

KDJACL, surely you know it wasnt Rovers fans doing that! Martians im sure it was this time.

On a better note a much needed three points vs UCD, Bray now on Monday another three is needed. Hoping for the neighbours to the west to do a huge favour in beating Waterford tonight.

Fahey is class act. What are the chances of him leaving?

that's a cop-out, AFAIK most, if not all the squad are playing for contracts next season

i'm not criticising the effort of the players (even O'Brien has ran his ass off) but based on the performances of late some of the lads are quite simply not good enough to sustain a promotion challenge next season, to win the title next season we're talking 4/5 defeats at most all season and not dropping points against the likes of Kilkenny, Shels have already lost 5 league games out of 17 since this new team was put together in July

at this moment in time, promotion is not happening next season unless there are changes amongst 7/8 personnel

Disagree. We just need backup for Flood, McCullogh and Chambers.

Fahey is class act. What are the chances of him leaving?

Contract time he wants the same as Keane, we only signing full time players so could be a bit of an exodus at the end of the season Maguire Foley Fahey Murphy Quigley.

Rumoured ins are Oman martyn maher byrne and possibly Molloy.

kdjac

Cobh defeat Dundalk 2-1 today to pretty much end Dundalk's chance of automatic promotion.

Hopefully Wexford can hold out another 20 minutes and help towards getting us another season of games against that Parkhouse

Ah ****e the man himself scores.

On a better note a much needed three points vs UCD, Bray now on Monday another three is needed. Hoping for the neighbours to the west to do a huge favour in beating Waterford tonight.

Good win but think you needed to beat waterford to stay up.

Whoever comes up is going straight back down cant see Cobh or Finn harps doing much.

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement