Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In the event of a puncture

• 18-10-2007 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi Guys, silly question now that I am beginning to build up the miles...what do you recommend to carry with you in case of puncture?? One of those rapid fill puncture repair aerosols?? I've heard they destroy the tyres?? Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I used one of those foam yokies once. Didn't damage the tyre, the shop didn't charge me any extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

I carry the plugs and little gas tanks under the seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭TheCityManager

seamus wrote: »
    I used one of those foam yokies once. Didn't damage the tyre, the shop didn't charge me any extra.

Cheers - I'll get a foam yokie at weekend so... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I use Ultra seal in my tires. Its a compound that will seal small punctures on the go. As its always in the tires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

Had something similar in the tyres of my LC, green stuff Yoko, Doko? Had a blow out on the rear at about 85mph on the M6 near Walsall. The tyre cracked and pinched the tube. BANG!:eek: Snot like green stuff everywhere. I suspect several cars were hit by it.

I should be dead, as it was I calmly pulled over to the hard shoulder. I reckon the green stuff let the tyre down slowly enough for me to keep control. Put me off Continental tyres for life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

sutty wrote: »
    I use Ultra seal in my tires. Its a compound that will seal small punctures on the go. As its always in the tires.
    +1. Head to Iggy in Blakestown Motorcycles for a fill of ultraseal for 30 quid both tyres.

I had a slow puncture recently on an untreated bike and took it in and it cured the slow as well as offering peace of mind. I have had it in the TDM for a year now and only had to top up the air once! It maintains tyre pressure as well as possibly saving your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Second that, got Ultraseal put in both tyres by Iggy and no trouble since..

Advertisement