Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaks in a game?

Options
  • 18-10-2007 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭

Here's a question:

Are there tonnes of ad breaks in a game because there are lots of stoppages of play in a game?

Or are there tonnes of stoppages in a game because there has to be lots of ad breaks?

Like would an NFL game last same length of time if there was no tv coverage at all...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

There are a lot of stoppages. Even playing in Ireland a game will take about 2.30 to 3 hours, not TV or ads involved.

It flys by though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Bit of both to be honest.

The two minute warning at the end of each half was put in place solely to be a TV ad break...

It's hard to fill time around other stoppages, with a possible 12 timeouts a game from both teams you will have ad's on most of those occasions. Then not to mention when injuries happen or plays are reviewed etc.

As the game is 'long' enough its hard for commentators and studio puppets to keep fresh stuff coming, and I would rather look at a fresh subway roll on an ad than hear regurgitated crap from the studios!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

BizzyC wrote: »
    There are a lot of stoppages. Even playing in Ireland a game will take about 2.30 to 3 hours, not TV or ads involved.

It flys by though...

Longest game I ever played in in the IAFL Marshals@Bulls 4 fricking hours. Both QBS throwing the ball and the referees stopping the game every minute didnt help.

Generally depending on the HT break IAFL game 2.30 hours in my experience.

The NFL is a joke for it ever go to a live just look at the players standing around waiting for that ad dude to get of the pitch so the Refs can get it going. MNF is the worst though 4 hours long as ESPN stop for every fricking break. Mustangs will tell yeah we watched Patriots@Vikings in Metrodome on a Monday night although the Pats hammered the Vikes that nite it was a long game. The big man was sitting to my right all pissed off because his beloved Vikes getting their asses handed to them. lol

Yeah f*ck that... and ESPN had the bloody cheek to hand out cardboard cut outs of one the presenters of the show to everybody entering the stadium. The bastids. Both the Patriots and ESPN.

And I couldn't even get a bloody beer because of that guy, you'd swear he was god because he was selling beer at a football game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Mustangs wrote: »
    Yeah f*ck that... and ESPN had the bloody cheek to hand out cardboard cut outs of one the presenters of the show to everybody entering the stadium. The bastids. Both the Patriots and ESPN.

And I couldn't even get a bloody beer because of that guy, you'd swear he was god because he was selling beer at a football game!

Oh the bitterness is fantastic. Do you remember this clown sitting beside you lol

http://www.tallaghtoutlaws.com/30102006(012).jpg

• Advertisement

Yeah what a nut job, he just wouldn't shut up either.

And at the start of the game he sang the Vikings song... word for word. Thats just scary... and he had a woman with him! She's got to be worse.

Advertisement