Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 People arrested on galway murder

Options
  • 18-10-2007 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Heard this morning that 2 women and a man were arrested and later another man arrested later. I heard that they are all being kept at separate stations. Hope they have caught the killer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

There have been similar stories all over the news and around town all morning. Some say 1 woman and 3 men, with some of them being in relation to witholding (sp?)information.

Hopefully they have the person who committed this heinous crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Apparently of the 4 arrested one is being held on grounds of murder the others on withholding information. They're being held at Loughrea, Gort and Galway stations.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhmhcwgbaumh/

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Two male and one female member of an infamous Galway family plus the female's partner, who is a member of another infamous family. One of the males, who is 28 or 29, is the suspect. THe most Garda activity I've ever seen in the city. Lough Atalia is being searched, and I hear they lifted a car from an estate on the Western Distributor Road for examination.

Obviously, the threat of prejudicing any trial prevents me from posting any other info on their identities, and I would suggest others respect that in their posts.

Until they've been charged, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I hope this is coming to an end. Such a horrific murder and I hope those responsible get what they deserve.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

soundbyte wrote: »

Obviously, the threat of prejudicing any trial prevents me from posting any other info on their identities, and I would suggest others respect that in their posts.

+ 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Two male and one female member of an infamous Galway family plus the female's partner, who is a member of another infamous family. One of the males, who is 28 or 29, is the suspect. THe most Garda activity I've ever seen in the city. Lough Atalia is being searched, and I hear they lifted a car from an estate on the Western Distributor Road for examination.

Yeah, we should not mention their identities lest it help them in any way, but i think most people around Galway city know who they are. I know one of them and if its proved they did it i hope they get everything thats coming to them. Makes my blood boil thinking about it.

The Gardai subaqua unit are searching Lough Atalia today and have said that the arrests are "significant".

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Here's hoping for a quick resolution to this terrible mess.
    Original thread, including more speculation and hinted racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

....an infamous Galway family plus the female's partner, who is a member of another infamous family.

Does the infamous bit mean that they're well known Irish people, and not foreign nationals? (Not that I'm remember the conclusions that some were quick to jump to, of course ...)

I'm new to both Galway and Ireland (but ironically, a citizen and thus not foreign-national), so (not yet) aware of who's infamous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

JustMary — they're Galway. Born and bred. And would be very familiar with Galway Courthouse.

The suspect was also questioned in relation to a sex attack in Mervue last month, but released.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

JustMary wrote: »
    I'm new to both Galway and Ireland (but ironically, a citizen and thus not foreign-national), so (not yet) aware of who's infamous.

+1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

While the thick gob****es who sadly make up the majority of posters on this Board nowadays were spoutjng their usual ****e about FNs I made the following observation

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54177159&postcount=25

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shinto
    I wonder was the murderer Irish or non-Irish.

That Railway Path to Renmore was very well populated by native scumbags for years, long before Ireland became a net importer of people.

I would look no further than the city limits.

Thank feck it looks like they found the scumbag , there are plenty left loose even if they did :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

How very sad that sombody , a young girl who was only in ireland a day or so should be murdered ,such a henious crime .

Condolences to the victims family . RIP

Also, there's a major piece of background information that I posted and since deleted here, which should not be posted here, again in case defence claim potential jurors have been prejudiced. Who knows, any Boardsie could be called for jury duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Also, there's a major piece of background information that I posted and since deleted here, which should not be posted here, again in case defence claim potential jurors have been prejudiced. Who knows, any Boardsie could be called for jury duty.

True True. I think you still need to edit your last post too. You have to be careful. Lets all hold out from any further clues to who they have until the Gardai press charges.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement