Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the boards.ie photography exhibition wild plan I had

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

thanks Calina - i'll have one in before Mon

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I may be submitting a print.
    This thread grew so quickly so I haven't read it for weeks.
    Is there some summary what size, own or organized framing, dates to give photos, money to take part in it, name or description needed...?

Maybe some information of Flickr! page would be great.

Thanks for your patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Culann

Photo has been added to the group, but it was difficult choosing one. I see some people have trouble counting...Looking forward to seeing this happen. If any contributions are required get in touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

33 photos (as of Sat night: 39 minus multiple entries) is not enough for an exhibition, hopefully there'll be mre by Monday or the deadline may need to be extended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I haven't read this thread in a week or so... I'm definitely interested. Didn't realise about the deadline (yesterday it seems). Is this being extended?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

What about a photo book of the exhibition? All the photos that end up getting exhibited use lulu.com or blurb.com to create a photo book. Its probably too much work on top of whats going on already but I'd thought I'd throw it out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Hi folks,

I was sick yesterday and so nothing very much got done. If you want another day or two on submitting a photograph to the group or tagging it in pix.ie (use boardsexhibition), go ahead for the next two or three days. PLEASE only submit one photograph. You need to remember that this should be an example of your work even if it doesn't end up being the photograph you select for an exhibition when ever real life happens.

I am looking into the possibility of some sort of a print record of the event, but I need to look into the economics of it first plus it's subject to agreement from the photographers.

First up though I need permission from you all to use your photographs to promote the idea to people who a) might give us money for this and b) will hopefully give us exhibition space for it. I will either do some slideshow CDs or contact sheets for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Aw, you were ill on your day off? That's miserable.

How's best to give our permission for reproduction in promotional material? In this thread? Might get messy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I may be submitting a print.
    Might be an idea to just put a small description under our photos on flickr or pix.ie stating: Calina - permission granted

Flickr users can send me a flickr mail. Pix.ie users can PM me for an email address so that I can keep all these things together. I'll be generating a mailing list for this anyway so...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Crap, just realised the one I submitted from my film days isn't going to print up well at all.

Can I re-submit another?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Would it be possible to summarise what's being proposed on the flickr group page ? I read the first few posts but it seems the proposal has moved on since, and I would like to get a quick summary of the idea without having to read all the posts. Sorry for being lazy - I'm a bit strapped for time. It also makes sense for the flickr group to explain its purpose. thx

Roen wrote: »
    Crap, just realised the one I submitted from my film days isn't going to print up well at all.

Can I re-submit another?

I'm feeling charitable. Go ahead but do it in the next two days and you should be able to remove the one you don't want to use. Also - also - remember that when I come back with dates and locations and other related matters, you will be able to submit a different picture for actual hanging on a wall somewhere.
    m_stan wrote: »
    Would it be possible to summarise what's being proposed on the flickr group page ? I read the first few posts but it seems the proposal has moved on since, and I would like to get a quick summary of the idea without having to read all the posts. Sorry for being lazy - I'm a bit strapped for time. It also makes sense for the flickr group to explain its purpose. thx

Yes. I will do it this evening if you don't mind.

While I'm at it, if your boards UID is different to your flickr/pix.ie UID, please PM me and identify yourself...ta very much.

Calina wrote: »
    While I'm at it, if your boards UID is different to your flickr/pix.ie UID, please PM me and identify yourself...ta very much.

On the boards.ie group on flickr there is a thread with all that info... or most of it anyway

http://www.flickr.com/groups/boards_ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Calina wrote: »

Mines on Pix.ie, same ID and tagged as suggested. And a big thank you for the organisation of this.

T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Roen wrote: »

Can I re-submit another?

Me too - the full size one on Flickr is from my pre-pro days and teensy! Treasa, do you have to have high res ones at this stage? Or is it just going to be on a computer screen for the time being? I have the original scanned but its at the top of the shelves in my bedroom and I still can't lift my arm above shoulder height (:rolleyes:) I can get someone to get it for me in the next day or two if its going to look completely sh!te though...

Edit: Never mind - I found the original scan on the computer and replaced... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I don't know what to put in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭CraggyIslander

correct me if I'm wrong and I've misread this whole thread, but you are allowed to enter 1 pic and change it to a different one later.

The pic you're entering does not necessarily have to be the one that is going to get used in the exhibition (i.e printed at large size)

It should be representative of the kind of photos you take :) so as the online portfolio will show off the mix of photographers we have here on boards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rob_T

Has the flickr group been closed off to new pictures? I only found out about it today (thanks M_stan) but it won't let me add my master piece ;)

• Advertisement

add me as a contact and I can invite you (assuming thats the problem) - it closes today (so I'm assuming it means tonight at 23:59:59 :D)

if not.. beg Calina :D

I closed it about thirty minutes ago. Because I am nice and up to my eyes with something else I'll go and open it again until I wake up tomorrow morning. After that, *shrugs her shoulders*.

You can only add one photo now, by the way.

Oh yeah - while we're at it. I'd like it if you are getting involved in this that you are part of a community effort here. That means contributing to the board in a meaningful way, either through helping those who want advice etc etc etc, posting pictures for C&C, getting involved in responding to other people's pictures etc etc. I see a few new people. Welcome....Get involved please.

hehe, fair play Calina.

I actually got one in :D

Thx to 440Hz for helping me decide ^_^

Thanks guys I've added my effort.
    BTW Calina I understand the sentiment behind your get involved statement and have no problem doing so (It seems my lurking days on this forum are numbered:D)

interesting shot you put in there Rob

personally I like the reflection shot better, you've some really nice pics though :)

Rob_T wrote: »
    Thanks guys I've added my effort.
    BTW Calina I understand the sentiment behind your get involved statement and have no problem doing so (It seems my lurking days on this forum are numbered:D)

oh yeah....I personally like people to contribute.

interesting shot you put in there Rob

personally I like the reflection shot better, you've some really nice pics though :)

Thanks for that challengemaster. I went with that one because I just like the colours more and the reflection shot was more a happy accident as I was playing with the camera settings and not really framing anything in particular, so times you just get lucky.

too true.. few of my shots i was just randomly clicking, or messing or something :D

Posting to the Flickr group is now closed.

• Advertisement

Ah.... I need to add mine. Can it be re-opened today?

pleaseeeeeeeee? ;)

Advertisement