Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the boards.ie photography exhibition wild plan I had

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

Sent on that Flickr mail to you, Treasa! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Okay.

I will open the Flickr group until 5pm this evening, after that, nada.. I need to start collating all this stuff and putting things together, writing little aren't we wonderful scripts and all that sort of stuff. This part needs to be finalised now because I don't want this to take over Christmas and I am going on holidays at the start of December.

Remember, I will come back to you looking for a print selection later on when I have dates but for now this is the exhibition marketing selection.

I'm starting to get a mental image of Calina twitching with sights of more and more people asking for it to be re-opened every time its closed :D

It won't be re-opened this time. I have a load of boring secretarial type of stuff to do now that I have the 50 or so of you in and if possible I'd like to get it done this evening in tandem with other stuff I have to do for my own life.

How many of you have Moo cards by the way? I have some ideas...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Thanks Calina..... Added! :p

Flickr group now closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Moo Cards - no :( Why?

And thanks again for this. Boring secretarial stuff sounds like a wonderful way to spend a Friday night! :eek:

I had this idea of a moo card tree but it's stuck on the white board for the moment while I build up a file with all of you in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I may be submitting a print.
    Prepare tea and cookies (or jaffas) and I am only yours. In Flickr way, of course :-)

• Advertisement

*Major bump*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

I was just wondering if this is still going ahead?

I haven't forgotten about it. It's just been slightly lower on my priority list lately - when I say I have been insanely busy, I am not joking. So much so that I am not even taking photographs at the moment.

A lot of stuff has cleared though so I'll be able to pick this up again very shortly. Promise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Thank you. I feel busy now too. Insane, what shall I study... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Well take your time. And sure if you need a hand just shout!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

<subtle bump>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Yeah - I was wondering about this the other day... Calina? Any news? I'm a little more free than usual for the next few weeks and could maybe give you a hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Given that this is now more than 6 months old maybe we should start in some shape or other Calina, eh?

How about looking for a few volunteers, allocating people to a few tasks and see how far we get?

T.

We started in December actually and got cut off by various bits that appeared over the event horizon that just got in the way. Work was a key one.

What I'm going to do is this:

1) re-open the group so that you can change the picture you've submitted if you want - again, it doesn't have to be your final choice but just something you feel is representative of what you'd want to see hanging on the wall. If you add a new photograph, please remove the older one. Please. PLEASE.

2) make the following statement because this stymied me the last time. I requested clear permission that I could use the photographs in 1) slideshows or 2) contact sheets for the purpose of showing interested parties (possible sponsors or gallery locations) what we're talking about. I did not get it from everyone, or even close to a majority of the people who provided photographs.

I haven't time to go after people for it now and anyway I don't think it's fair that I or anyone else that I might ask to do so should have to although I started making a list before Christmas to have a go but got sidetracked so this is the current situation now - I will assume that if you submit a photograph to either the flickr boardsexhibition group or tag it as such on pix.ie, you are also giving me the permission I need to reproduce your photograph either in a slideshow or a contact sheet. I'd assume this is self-evident but in case it is not, I'm just highlighting it.

In terms of what has to be done, I'll dig out my notes from the last time I started and move forward.

regards

Calina.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

if help is needed in anyway, being a student i have a fair amount of time, just send a pm and i can assist :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Iv posted an image
    And as im on my summer hols im happy to help!
    No summer job yet :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Tottaly forgot about this project!
    Submitted there on flickr,let me know if u need hand down south,im always up or something new...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

whats the new deadline for submissions ?

I'm sorry m_stan, only saw this now.

I was going to close it sometime this week...but I'm out of town next weekend, so say Sunday 22(I think) June, are people okay with this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

yeah sounds good to me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

thanks treasa. ok I finally made up my mind, and changed mine in the flickr group. I also removed the original I had in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I've changed my photo as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

A rose for Bloomsday seemed to be the best choice.
    All done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Mines on Pix.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭countryjimbo

Decided to add a new one as well, and yes I did remove the previous one :)

Advertisement