Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Question

Options
  • 18-10-2007 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

I am buying a car that has been imported from England by the previous owner do I need to make the insurance company aware of this and will affect the my quote?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

this should not make any odds unless the insurance company ask you.
    I have an ex-UK motor and when I insured it I was not asked were it was bought or if it had been imported.
    I know that insure.ie do ask if the car was imported and if it is left hand drive.

So, If your not asked don't tell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Sometimes it depends on the Insurance Company, I know Axa have an issue with imported vehicles and can load up to 20% (Jap imports).

Insurance companies can tell by the Registration No. whether or not it is imported anyway.

You should be OK with an english import though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭clg23

Thanks for the advice sure if they dont ask then I wont volunteer it...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

clg23 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice sure if they dont ask then I wont volunteer it...

Google "utmost good faith", it's up to you to disclose valid information, not for them to explicitly ask.

Anyway, I've been getting insurance quotes - I was asked if it was an import, and I said it was, but a UK one - and was told that it's just Jap imports they're worried about.

Advertisement