Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rovers Stadium Decision

• 18-10-2007 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

On the rovers stadium,

Bad news leaking through im afraid

apparently

"Judge has reserved judgement and timeline from here is unknown"

What a load of hoop, if this is true ill keep on digging on it i will be angry.
    Why why oh why wont the GAA heads step in and stop this nonsence!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yet more idiocy form the FAI.

If they had any integrity, they would have walked away from Croke Park as soon as the GAA went to court.

But once again, the FAI treat the LoI with contempt.

And the GAA heads are a fúcking disgrace aswell.

They are going to court to explicitly ruin Shamrock Rovers.

Cúnts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Did you hear Bills comments after the match last night?

Delaney has been a great Chief Executive for all he's done for grass roots and the Eircom League!!!!

Except not giving a **** about one of the most successful clubs in Irish history.

All together now, If you hate the Thomas Davis clap your hands.

*Clap clap clap*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Bohs fan who supports Rovers on this one.

Thomas Davis are a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Disgraceful is the only word for it.

'Sport' in Ireland on so many levels depresses me so much...it just shouldn't be this way.

Common sense will prevail ....eventually...wont it?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭air_vent

I'm not too sure on this one but arent rovers funding this legal case by themselves?
    Thomas Davis as a part of the GAA is funded by the GAA????

NOt too sure on that one but none the less donesnt make a difference.

But the faint hope of next season in Tallaght have gone.

:(

• Advertisement

That move would set up Rovers financially forever.

150,000 approx people in Tallaght.

They could easily fill a small stadium every home match.

The judge in this case is the biggest disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

150,000 approx people in Tallaght.

They could easily fill a small stadium every home match.
    What? :confused:

A million people live in Dublin, and the Dublin clubs can't fill theirs.

What makes you think the people of Tallaght will suddenly become eL watchers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭rovingrover

The bigots in Thomas Davis are a disgrace.

This is bad news and a reminder that Sean Kelly has not banished all the snakes from the GAA

The people of Tallaght have been welcoming this move for years.

Rovers have a large fan base in Tallaght and surrounding areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Pal wrote: »
    Bohs fan who supports Rovers on this one.

Thomas Davis are a disgrace.
    All people who care about football, or even just about sport, should support Rovers in this.
    TD's action is nothing more than a typically GAA land grab. As if they haven't cornered enough already!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

air_vent wrote: »
    On the rovers stadium,

Bad news leaking through im afraid

apparently

"Judge has reserved judgement and timeline from here is unknown"

What a load of hoop, if this is true ill keep on digging on it i will be angry.
    Why why oh why wont the GAA heads step in and stop this nonsence!!!!

How is this bad news? Reserved judgement means he has gone away to think about it and write a judgement. Sorry AV, but you have the wrong end of the stick. The vibe is quite upbeat.

Here is very basically what went down over the three days. The county plan included the Rovers stadium as is. TD lobbied councellors to examine the feasability of the GAA being included, which they voted yes on. The Dept then said that they wouldnt fund this, as capacity would be reduced too much to justify the added expense. The council said 'not feasable so' and voted to reverse their GAA amendment. Reversed the reversal to the original position if you like.

This final vote, which was for a football only venue, is the subject of the challenge. It fell outside the 6 week period for amendment to the county plan and as such, they say it should stay. SDCC argue that as a democratically elected body they are entitled to change their minds when new information comes to light and besides, the GAA element was always contingent on funds being in place and they arent. SDCC are adament that this is a nusiance case and that even if TD win on the technical point, a new plan will be drawn up and it will be completed without them anyway. They also mentioned that TD didnt decide to get involved during the public consultation period of the county plan.

So in the end the Thomas Bigots case comes down to whether a Council
    can break its own internal procedures or not. The SDCC brief was adament that the Local Authority Act allows a withdrawl of a motion. Quite clever from the Galliban as if they lose, it can be appealled all the way as this has the potential to have 'national interest' written all over it.

Today was an excellent day from all accounts. More on it later, but cautiously optimistic.
    The judge in this case is the biggest disgrace.

Easy tiger, he might be reading.... ;)

Thomas Bigots have their right to their day in court and dragged it out for as long as they could. Wait till he has actually ruled before we have a go at him.

As for the 'honest decent' GAA man, every single club in Dublin voted to back Kennedy in his quest to bankrupt TD. No-one objected officially within the Gah, so quite simply, they either dont exist or the association is so profoundly anti-democratic that a sizeable rump of them were ignored. My money is on both.

Killme00 on this forum was adament that I was lying about the DCB's unanimious approval for the TD position and was going to talk to his clubs secretary to confirm his club voted against and get back to me the next day and set me straight. He never did, and that was 6 weeks ago. Funny that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Whats another 2 to 6 weeks eh?

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Whats another 2 to 6 weeks eh?

Closer to 2 apparently. You must be watching with interest, seeing as you will be joining us out there soon enough.

Closer to 2 apparently. You must be watching with interest, seeing as you will be joining us out there soon enough.

Not arsed tbh

Its great to see you suffer as a Pats fan but longterm i would like to see you out there. TD actually made me want you there sooner but irrelevent of that im fairly happy we either where we are or when we move to here. Should be sure of your knowledge before posting nonsense makes you look foolish ;)

If you go to tallaght are you going full time ? That would mean the board selling up to someone called Kennedy buying the club? hehe when that happens i would ****ing hate to a football fan(400club) having played a part in getting my club back to life and then some guy with millions who can take the club forward (full time) after all your hard work comes along. having to vote yes or no would suck big time :D

kdjac

Not arsed tbh

Its great to see you suffer as a Pats fan but longterm i would like to see you out there. TD actually made me want you there sooner but irrelevent of that im fairly happy we either where we are or when we move to here. Should be sure of your knowledge before posting nonsense makes you look foolish ;)

If you go to tallaght are you going full time ? That would mean the board selling up to someone called Kennedy buying the club? hehe when that happens i would ****ing hate to a football fan(400club) having played a part in getting my club back to life and then some guy with millions who can take the club forward (full time) after all your hard work comes along. having to vote yes or no would suck big time :D

kdjac

Ive heard the Leixlip thing before and dont believe it. Why spend money on a stadium when you are asset stripping if a perfectly good one is available for free down the road ;)

although i know one of your new directors wife and he nearly punched me for suggesting that was his evil plan.

not sure what the hell you are on about in the second part. we will have to sell the club to the klu klux gah to go full time? :confused:

the bores have manged to go full time with a members run structure. honestly, is that a wind up or what, its too cryptic?

Ive heard the Leixlip thing before and dont believe it. Why spend money on a stadium when you are asset stripping if a perfectly good one is available for free down the road ;)

although i know one of your new directors wife and he nearly punched me for suggesting that was his evil plan.

not sure what the hell you are on about in the second part. we will have to sell the club to the klu klux gah to go full time? :confused:

the bores have manged to go full time with a members run structure. honestly, is that a wind up or what, its too cryptic?

The bohs are full time based on the monies from the land grab, no other reason. We will go to Leixlip IF special K gets his 5 year plan sorted (that includes champions league group stages and Chicago trophy so we in inch for a long time yet :p) Tbh the chicago trophy would generate enough income for an entire EL season. Btw K hasnt actually spent any money on the stadium the spurs game paid for the temp stand the Wizla game will pay for it for next season, this guy knows how to make money........

If you go to tallaght with all your debts wiped and SDCC paying for your stadium, do you not think you are the most attractive option for any gabillionaire who follows the Hoey/kelleher idea of being a philantropic?

I mean your perfect for little investment maximum return you are the biggest club in ireland with the biggest following and if you go to tallaght massive fan base.

Would hate to have to vote on that after doing so well.

kdjac

The bohs are full time based on the monies from the land grab, no other reason. We will go to Leixlip IF special K gets his 5 year plan sorted (that includes champions league group stages and Chicago trophy so we in inch for a long time yet :p) Tbh the chicago trophy would generate enough income for an entire EL season. Btw K hasnt actually spent any money on the stadium the spurs game paid for the temp stand the Wizla game will pay for it for next season, this guy knows how to make money........

If you go to tallaght with all your debts wiped and SDCC paying for your stadium, do you not think you are the most attractive option for any gabillionaire who follows the Hoey/kelleher idea of being a philantropic?

I mean your perfect for little investment maximum return you are the biggest club in ireland with the biggest following and if you go to tallaght massive fan base.

Would hate to have to vote on that after doing so well.

kdjac

Bohs have been fulltime for nearly 10 years. Nothing to do with their failed land sale.

We were moving to Tallaght with our debts wiped in examinership and no gaziollionares were interested. Hard to see them arriving on the scene now.

If a benefactor wanted to buy in and take control we would take a vote. I would be surprised if it passed, we arent as easily bought as pats fans :D:D

But you are right about the biggest club etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

Bohs have been fulltime for nearly 10 years. Nothing to do with their failed land sale.
    The reason for the land sale is the debts they built up from going full time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Not too sure about that I know a number of families who MOVED out of Tallaght BLAH BLHA

We were moving to Tallaght with our debts wiped in examinership and no gaziollionares were interested. Hard to see them arriving on the scene now.

If a benefactor wanted to buy in and take control we would take a vote. I would be surprised if it passed, we arent as easily bought as pats fans :D:D

But you are right about the biggest club etc

Really see below,Pats fans had no say our old board had got the club into a sellable position and walked away with a handsome sum for their efforts (heres the kicker ) kelleher spent more than the ground is worth buying Pats :eek: i no its shocking but he had meetings with DCC about his grandplans in the months leading up to it they are well on side with everything he wanted with some stipulations.

If he was to build anything there he woudlnt make back what he spent, unless he built what he promised DCC someone he needs to keep happy bearing in mind his other interests, tbh google would reveal all this.
    John_C wrote: »
    The reason for the land sale is the debts they built up from going full time.

Dont tell him that tbh.

Rovers are the most bankable asset in the league, something that fans dont understand and never will as long as they run clubs. Pats will be full time next season with full time coaches and players, Bohs will have gelled, Drogs will too, Cork also but with a striker, Derry will adjust and get some form...jebus even galway may click :eek:

Where does that leave part time rovers with the players not wanting to play for scully and scully wanting a full time team.... i would hate to be a rovers fan having to vote on allowing someone else like Louis to won the club..at least he cant sell the ground this time :D

kdjac

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »
    Not too sure about that I know a number of families who MOVED out of Tallaght when building started years ago as the locals didn't seem to be getting anywhere with putting a stop to it.

no one around old bawn/tymon bawn/watergate etc wanted it near them.

Please. People moved out of Tallaght becaue there was a stadium being built on a greenfield site. :D

Thats why we have hundreds of players from 'old bawn/tymon bawn/watergate etc', a number of supporters clubs and every single TD and hopeful in the election on our side. Becaue 'no-one' wants us there.

The GAA propaganda machine kicks up another gear, just when you thought it couldnt get any nastier. Pathetic stuff.

Where does that leave part time rovers with the players not wanting to play for scully and scully wanting a full time team.... :D

:D:D:D Keep em coming, fantastic stuff :D:D:D

Point taken about Bohs, but the implication from you was they only went full time after their windfall.

Of course we are ripe for an investor, but we arent for sale and the mood would be dead set against it. A fan winning Euromillions might be a different story though.

Please. People moved out of Tallaght becaue there was a stadium being built on a greenfield site. :D

Thats why we have hundreds of players from 'old bawn/tymon bawn/watergate etc', a number of supporters clubs and every single TD and hopeful in the election on our side. Becaue 'no-one' wants us there.

The GAA propaganda machine kicks up another gear, just when you thought it couldnt get any nastier. Pathetic stuff.

Oh you laugh, one of them was a good friend of mine, his parents felt there would be a lot of trouble after the games, with fighting drinking noise etc and if it eventually went ahead they wouldn't be able to sell up so out of fear as soon as part of it went up and it looked like the local community might lose the battle they up and left and another neighbour joined them.

The people who live near watergate/oldbawn/tymon did not want it built simple as. i sort of know, i lived there for 25 years..

I

:D:D:D Keep em coming, fantastic stuff :D:D:D

Point taken about Bohs, but the implication from you was they only went full time after their windfall.

Of course we are ripe for an investor, but we arent for sale and the mood would be dead set against it. A fan winning Euromillions might be a different story though.

Avoiding the rest of the post doesnt make you right, i know one player who wont play for you again but thats a different issue least you got o Connor off us for next season ;)

I dont have to make the vote on who runs my club and im glad i dont have too, fans do not run a club and should never be allowed you. the part you didnt quote still stands full time clubs will leave you for dirt.

Face the reality any of the 6 clubs i mentioned can have any of your best best players for a pittance.

kdjac

Oh you laugh, one of them was a good friend of mine, his parents felt there would be a lot of trouble after the games, with fighting drinking noise etc and if it eventually went ahead they wouldn't be able to sell up so out of fear as soon as part of it went up and it looked like the local community might lose the battle they up and left and another neighbour joined them.

The people who live near watergate/oldbawn/tymon did not want it built simple as. i sort of know, i lived there for 25 years..

I

Bull****.

People in Tallaght have 1,000,000 other issues that effect their lives more than the slim potential for trouble in residential areas near the ground.

the local community have never objected to the stadium, not one objection during the public consultation. hence the overwhelming local support we got from the council and td's. if there was an anti-rovers feeling, at least one politician would have tapped into it.

the politest thing i can say about this is you are blatantly trolling. so thats all i will say.

Even thomas bigots arent that outrageously full of ****.

Avoiding the rest of the post doesnt make you right, i know one player who wont play for you again but thats a different issue least you got o Connor off us for next season ;)

I dont have to make the vote on who runs my club and im glad i dont have too, fans do not run a club and should never be allowed you. the part you didnt quote still stands full time clubs will leave you for dirt.

Face the reality any of the 6 clubs i mentioned can have any of your best best players for a pittance.

1: One player. Wow. Thats me told.

2: You are totally at the mercy of a property speculator who has no affinity to the club. And besides, that Barca and all those Bundesliga clubs are a shambles, fan power, what a joke :rolleyes:

3: Like they did this season. Blah blah blah.

Bull****.

People in Tallaght have 1,000,000 other issues that effect their lives more than the slim potential for trouble in residential areas near the ground.

the local community have never objected to the stadium, not one objection during the public consultation. hence the overwhelming local support we got from the council and td's. if there was an anti-rovers feeling, at least one politician would have tapped into it.

the politest thing i can say about this is you are blatantly trolling. so thats all i will say.

Even thomas bigots arent that outrageously full of ****.

Trolling?

Man I lived in Tallaght most my life, I played for Tallaght Town for years, I actually want to see it go ahead, but to say the locals didn't have any onbjection is hillarious.

people sold their houses out of fear of not been able to sell them if it went ahead nothing else, there's not much trouble around old bawn/watergate/tymon bawn they're well sought after estates.

it's not jobstown we're talking about.

cop on son.

people sold their houses out of fear of not been able to sell them if it went ahead nothing else, there's not much trouble around old bawn/watergate/tymon bawn they're well sought after estates.

you are lying.

not one objection to the stadium during public consultation. not one.

you are lying.

not one objection to the stadium during public consultation. not one.

ok well i'm not going to keep going round in circles with a 10yr old uppity child

one simple question, and think about it for a minute, why would i lie?

• Advertisement

1: One player. Wow. Thats me told.

Just the one? You own your club i would imagine your aware of whats going on with your manager and players, you hardly need me to point it out.
    2: You are totally at the mercy of a property speculator who has no affinity to the club. And besides, that Barca and all those Bundesliga clubs are a shambles, fan power, what a joke :rolleyes:

yes, as that works so well " i will sign beckham vote for me, i will sign Ronnie vote for me" did you actually think about that before you posted i mean seriously basing your club on barca is dumb.
    3: Like they did this season. Blah blah blah.

Whats the league look like when your plummeting down it? "Oh no we have players injured and suspended..." get more.

All but one full time teams will finish ahead of you :confused:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I

I live fairly close by and my mother is one of the organisers of the local residents assoc. There hasnt been so much as a word mentioned among them either way on the stadium issue. Anyone I know is in favour. That includes people from Tallaght, Clondalkin and as far down as Blessington.

Stekelly wrote: »
    I live fairly close by and my mother is one of the organisers of the local residents assoc. There hasnt been so much as a word mentioned among them either way on the stadium issue. Anyone I know is in favour. That includes people from Tallaght, Clondalkin and as far down as Blessington.

we are talking about the same site right? the shell of a staduim half built at the top of watergate yea?

one simple question, and think about it for a minute, why would i lie?

attention? fishing for a reaction? Gah sympathies? Bohemian bitterness? Who cares.

Enough said.

we are talking about the same site right? the shell of a staduim half built at the top of watergate yea?

give it a rest. you have been caught in a porkie, have some self respect and let it slide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Unless theres another satdium I'm unaware of.

Lets be realistic, theres more people spilling out of the clubs and pubs (mostly drunk) on the weekends in the area than there will be from a Rovers match on a Fri night.

• Advertisement

attention? fishing for a reaction? Gah sympathies? Bohemian bitterness? Who cares.

Enough said.

I know rovers fans are generally a bit slow but do you suffer from ADD or something?

let me see how i can make this a bit clearer

I WANT ROVERS TO GET INTO THE STADUIM I PLAYED FOR TALLAGHT FC FOR YEARS I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THEM

see?

Unless theres another satdium I'm unaware of.

Lets be realistic, theres more people spilling out of the clubs and pubs (mostly drunk) on the weekends in the area than there will be from a Rovers match on a Fri night.

I agree totally, and i sat with two families and tried to explain them to what would happen when a match ended etc they were not listeng and up and left this was about 2002/03 i think

I know rovers fans are generally a bit slow but do you suffer from ADD or something?

let me see how i can make this a bit clearer

I WANT ROVERS TO GET INTO THE STADUIM I PLAYED FOR TALLAGHT FC FOR YEARS I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THEM

see?

so why are you spreading mistruths, and huge ones at that, that people went to the hassle of moving house because the community was getting a facility?

so why are you spreading mistruths, and huge ones at that, that people went to the hassle of moving house because the community was getting a facility?

because it's a fact my friend.

because it's a fact my friend.

of course it is. one that was totally missed in the thousands of column inches written on the subject.

no point arguing with you any further. I think its clear from ste and the fact that there was no resistance outside the GAA to the hoops that you are at best stretching the truth

• Advertisement

of course it is. one that was totally missed in the thousands of column inches written on the subject.

no point arguing with you any further. I think its clear from ste and the fact that there was no resistance outside the GAA to the hoops that you are at best stretching the truth

Your not seeing it from their point of view.

this was a couple coming close to retirement age after living in a very quiet part of old bawn for a number of years, they were afraid if the staduim was built and there was holligans kicking the bollox out of each other every weekend full off drink....not 10/20 coming out of a pub as they see it thousands of people coming into an area that was known for been very quiet that it might effect the price of the house or even been able to sell it.

can you understand it?

can you see how this might possibly enter someones head?

come on rattle that brain for a min.

Your not seeing it from their point of view.

this was a couple coming close to retirement age after living in a very quiet part of old bawn for a number of years, they were afraid if the staduim was built and there was holligans kicking the bollox out of each other every weekend full off drink....not 10/20 coming out of a pub as they see it thousands of people coming into an area that was known for been very quiet that it might effect the price of the house or even been able to sell it.

can you understand it?

can you see how this might possibly enter someones head?

come on rattle that brain for a min.

'a couple'? earlier it was a mass exodus.

stretching the truth.

we could go on all night. have you anything to say about the court case?

'a couple'? earlier it was a mass exodus.

stretching the truth.

No i said a number, and this is the one i know most about as it was a friend of mine, their neighbours quickly followed suit for the same reasons

no one mentioned mass exodus now i know it's hard for you but stop with the moronics.

No i said a number, and this is the one i know most about as it was a friend of mine, their neighbours quickly followed suit for the same reasons

no one mentioned mass exodus now i know it's hard for you but stop with the moronics.

'moronics' from you is hard to take

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

ntlbell you are digging a hole for yourself. and i can see why the Rovers fans in this thread are annoyed at your nonsensical ramblings.

DSB wrote: »
    ntlbell you are digging a hole for yourself. and i can see why the Rovers fans in this thread are annoyed at your nonsensical ramblings.

how is it nonsense?

because i'm a bohs fan?

eh, ok.

'moronics' from you is hard to take

my guess is your a bit young so i am trying to keep everything simple for you

can you understand the following...

"this was a couple coming close to retirement age after living in a very quiet part of old bawn for a number of years, they were afraid if the staduim was built and there was holligans kicking the bollox out of each other every weekend full off drink....not 10/20 coming out of a pub as they see it thousands of people coming into an area that was known for been very quiet that it might effect the price of the house or even been able to sell it."

how is it nonsense?

because i'm a bohs fan?

eh, ok.

bingo!

stop the press. bohs fan tries to kill two birds with one lie, deflect attention from the fact that they have the hoolie reputation by trying to kid on even the thought of us made grannies have to move house and try and invent a dynamic in the local community opposing Rovers getting into their home.

its a poor attempt, but he is sticking with it god bless his little cotton black and tan socks

bingo!

stop the press. bohs fan tries to kill two birds with one lie, deflect attention from the fact that they have the hoolie reputation by trying to kid on even the thought of us made grannies have to move house and try and invent a dynamic in the local community opposing Rovers getting into their home.

its a poor attempt, but he is sticking with it god bless his little cotton black and tan socks

I'm not a 10yr old child.

What has "hoolie" reputations got to do with this issue?

I'll ask once more it does seem to be REALLY difficult for you come on, you can do this, you can even ask your daddy for help.

is this possible, the thought process? this could never enter someones mind?

"this was a couple coming close to retirement age after living in a very quiet part of old bawn for a number of years, they were afraid if the staduim was built and there was holligans kicking the bollox out of each other every weekend full off drink....not 10/20 coming out of a pub as they see it thousands of people coming into an area that was known for been very quiet that it might effect the price of the house or even been able to sell it."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

how is it nonsense?

because i'm a bohs fan?

eh, ok.

no I'm a Shels fan. nothing to do with that. but you can't just go around making ridiculous claims like that, with nothing to back them up bar sob stories that you've heard from 1 or 2friends, that you can't even prove.

• Advertisement
Advertisement