Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rovers Stadium Decision

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Excellent. Now lets start building our stadium!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Excellent. Now lets start building our stadium!

:eek:

Er, yeah.

I think SDCC are building it for the community.

Rovers won't own the place :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

so can we close this thread then?

DesF wrote: »
    :eek:

Er, yeah.

I think SDCC are building it for the community.

Rovers won't own the place :rolleyes:

I'm from Tallaght and as such I'm entitled to call it our stadium!

syngindub wrote: »
    so can we close this thread then?
    Nope, it's a discussion on the decision.

The decision has been made, it still needs to be discussed.

Why do you want the thread closed?

I'm from Tallaght and as such I'm entitled to call it our stadium!
    True.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

well the decision has been made now so lets move on to new threads and new beginnings for SRFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Nope, it's a discussion on the decision.

The decision has been made, it still needs to be discussed.

Why do you want the thread closed?

What is of immediate importance is who funded the adventure? We will soon find out when that large cheque arrives!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Hopefully the government won't bail the gaah out by increasing the funding, and the legal costs accrued will force them to cut back in other area's (i.e. force them to take responsibility for their petty mindedness).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

and all costs awarded againt TD.

Apparently, it's 400k +?

Not that I'm gloating. Oh no.

• Advertisement

€400k + that our tax money will be paying for!

stovelid wrote: »
    Apparently, it's 400k +?

Not that I'm gloating. Oh no.

at the very least. probably much more.

the GAA are centrally paying the bill I believe.

the GAA are centrally paying the bill I believe.
    Of course they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

That's nice of them to do that .Good to see you can still be a bigot these days and someone will foot your legal expenses

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    That's nice of them to do that .Good to see you can still be a bigot these days and someone will foot your legal expenses

I think whats emerging here is that this was an orchastrated campaign by the head men in the GAA through TD to destroy a football club while simultaneously taking the FAI's money. In fact, it is the FAI's money that was used against them.

Note that John Costello of the DCB is on all the press releases AFTER the case, but not before or during.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

SectionF wrote: »
    This appeal would clearly be supported by Dublin County and by GAA nationally.

At the risk of ridicule from a previous thread, can anyone provide a link or prove that this whole sorry mess is clearly supported by the Dublin County Board and by the GAA nationally, because no GAA club outside Dublin ever heard or voted or went to congress to back this, that I know of.

patmac wrote: »
    At the risk of ridicule from a previous thread, can anyone provide a link or prove that this whole sorry mess is clearly supported by the Dublin County Board and by the GAA nationally, because no GAA club outside Dublin ever heard or voted or went to congress to back this, that I know of.

Costello, chief wizard of the DCB, is one of the guarantors for TD.

The DCB voted to support them.

The DCB issued a press release attacking the minister for sport and affirming the GAA were behind TD

The GAA are stepping in and paying the legal bills.

How much more clear can it be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

i could nearly guarntee that most other dublin GAA clubs will pull support for them now theres costs of €400,000 +.

Remember they werent expecting to pay any legal costs in the begining!!

Always the way........

DaveH wrote: »
    i could nearly guarntee that most other dublin GAA clubs will pull support for them now theres costs of €400,000 +.

Remember they werent expecting to pay any legal costs in the begining!!

Always the way........

GAA are centrally paying the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭/Andy\

Seriously, this thread is sickening because of the typically lowbrow gloating of some soccer fans (in inverted commas). The soccer forum charter clearly states that the word scum is abusive yet it's used more than once here to refer to a rival association, DesF etc, without any bans? I like soccer as much as the next person but couldn't care less about ANY LoI team, and I'm localish to this stadium. That said I would have been glad for Rovers simply because as a GAA man, we don't need some tiny ground in Tallaght, but now I just wish their hooligan fans would follow a team in a real league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,515 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

patmac wrote: »

Exactly(about the whole no other county thing)!
    GAA are centrally paying the bill.

Where exactly does it say this?

If thats the case, there should be murder over it. Personally I feel that thats just favourtism for Dublin club(in GAA of course). It wont really matter anyway, €400k isnt too much to them, but just on principle, eith TD or DCB should cough it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

/Andy\ wrote: »
    Seriously, this thread is sickening because of the typically lowbrow gloating of some soccer fans (in inverted commas). The soccer forum charter clearly states that the word scum is abusive yet it's used more than once here to refer to a rival association, DesF etc, without any bans? I like soccer as much as the next person but couldn't care less about ANY LoI team, and I'm localish to this stadium. That said I would have been glad for Rovers simply because as a GAA man, we don't need some tiny ground in Tallaght, but now I just wish their hooligan fans would follow a team in a real league.

Who are "we"?

Are you actually serious?

Have you read any of my posts?

Please, just please do this, go and hit the quote button on the posts where I used the word "Scum".

Oh hang on a second, you can't. Why? Because you are lying. I never used that word.

Ah but, a bit of aul revisionism doesn't go amiss in the bigoted world of the gah, does it?

Ah but, a bit of aul revisionism doesn't go amiss in the bigoted world of the gah, does it?

Its this sort of thing that annoys me. You're just tarring the whole GAA with one brush. As was said before, no other counties or clubs outside of Dublin voted on this. Cnt it not be kept that way?

I may have called them scum, possibly of the highest order.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Exactly(about the whole no other county thing)!

Well I dont recall you trying to stop them. Until the bill arrives and then you were of course opposed the whole time...

Where exactly does it say this?

If thats the case, there should be murder over it. Personally I feel that thats just favourtism for Dublin club(in GAA of course). It wont really matter anyway, €400k isnt too much to them, but just on principle, eith TD or DCB should cough it up.

Nowhere, yet, but its true. Why should the DCB or TD couch up when they were just the bagmen? This is a Jones Road operation and they are paying the bill.

Its this sort of thing that annoys me. You're just tarring the whole GAA with one brush. As was said before, no other counties or clubs outside of Dublin voted on this. Cnt it not be kept that way?

you cant have it both ways, a wonderful coherent centralised organisation when you want it to be, and a free for all when you dont.

no-one in the GAA asked for a vote or asked questions. suddenly you have realised it concerns you financially and become interested.

you made your bed etc.

Another Gah mensa candidate.

Seriously, this thread is sickening because of the typically lowbrow gloating of some soccer fans (in inverted commas).
    Lowbrow gloating.

Get a bleedin' grip will you.

What the fúck do you expect? Your club wanted Shamrock Rovers to go out of business, and failed miserably. I hope to god this costs award cripples them. But it won't, because it'll be paid from a more central body, either DCB or HQ. I don't actually care which, that's an issue for the gah themselves. But fúck them.

Your club wanted Rovers gone, dead. That was their express wishes. They didn't succeed. They failed. Deal with the consequences. I'm happy they failed. I;m happy Rovers are in Tallaght.

I hate Rovers.

The soccer forum charter clearly states that the word scum is abusive yet it's used more than once here to refer to a rival association, DesF etc, without any bans?
    Yeah it does. That's why I refrained form using that term, I think you'll find. :rolleyes:
    I like soccer as much as the next person but
    Fair fúcks to you.

I bleedin' hate gah.
    couldn't care less about ANY LoI team,
    Good.
    but now I just wish their hooligan fans would follow a team in a real league.
    Ah, here we have it.

Mods, you know what to do.

Well I dont recall you trying to stop them. Until the bill arrives and then you were of course opposed the whole time...

Nowhere, yet, but its true. Why should the DCB or TD couch up when they were just the bagmen? This is a Jones Road operation and they are paying the bill.

Other counties didnt get involved cos it has nothing to do with them. Its only a matter for those other counties if the CB do pay the bill, which, as you said, is no proof of them paying. Maybe they wont do anything if they do pay up, maybe they will, only time will tell. Also, did the CB actually officially back the whole TD case about the stadium? I did feel sorry for SR, thought it was petty by TD to do this. DCB or TD should cough up cos it was their case to go against the whole planning thing.

• Advertisement

you cant have it both ways, a wonderful coherent centralised organisation when you want it to be, and a free for all when you dont.

no-one in the GAA asked for a vote or asked questions. suddenly you have realised it concerns you financially and become interested.

you made your bed etc.

As before, its only a matter now for other counties if the GAA CB pay up the funds when they could be used elsewhere. Other counties stayed out of the business, this may only be a repercussion for the GAA now, it wont involve the FAI or anything about soccer. IT may become an issue if the GAA pay up.

I'm not being anti-soccer/SRFC here

I don't care who pays up, I'm just glad that the one half-built stand will finally be completed and joined by a few more completed stands and I can watch Rovers in Tallaght.

As before, its only a matter now for other counties if the GAA CB pay up the funds when they could be used elsewhere. Other counties stayed out of the business, this may only be a repercussion for the GAA now, it wont involve the FAI or anything about soccer. IT may become an issue if the GAA pay up.

I'm not being anti-soccer/SRFC here

I know you arent being anti football, but I am right.

The GAA footing the bill also means TD lied on their affedavit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

You are not even a good troll. Please try harder.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Seriously, this thread is sickening because of the typically lowbrow gloating of some soccer fans (in inverted commas).

You know, when you're typing you can just actually put the words inside inverted commas and it makes it a lot easier. These are inverted commas for future reference - "". Here, I'll fix it for you:

Seriously, this thread is sickening because of the typically lowbrow gloating of some soccer "fans".

Your welcome...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Oh and to note I am delighted for the Shams on their result today in the courts. I am sure Thomas Davies will have no hassle getting the money from GAA Headquarters anyway.

And as for the lowbrow gloating how about this and I am far far from a fan of Shamrock Rovers, they beat a petty attempt to block them from moving into Tallaght and no matter what way you look at it it was a petty attempt. It wasnt about the size of the pitch etc. TD have plenty of their own land. They see Rovers as a threat to their precious world. I hope they continue upsetting the bigots more and more over the coming years out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭/Andy\

Just to make it clear, I'm not a member of Thomas Davis, I'm a Round Towers man, and I just think gloating about this decision and using the word scum to refer to the G.A.A is typical of the insecurities soccer fans in this country have about their game (and rightly so). Do I think Thomas Davis were out of order? Yes. Does gloating about the result make soccer fans look anything other than petty schoolchildren? No tbh. DesF if it wasn't you that used the phrase scum I apologise, I'm far too lazy to check the whole thread again

Just to make it clear, I'm not a member of Thomas Davis, I'm a Round Towers man, and I just think gloating about this decision and using the word scum to refer to the G.A.A is typical of the insecurities soccer fans in this country have about their game (and rightly so). Do I think Thomas Davis were out of order? Yes. Does gloating about the result make soccer fans look anything other than petty schoolchildren? No tbh. DesF if it wasn't you that used the phrase scum I apologise, I'm far too lazy to check the whole thread again

so you have in fact nothing to contribute to this thread whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

I like soccer as much as the next person but couldn't care less about ANY LoI team, and I'm localish to this stadium...
    I just wish their hooligan fans would follow a team in a real league.
    All right, I'' bite. What's a real league?

I know you arent being anti football, but I am right.

The GAA footing the bill also means TD lied on their affedavit.

What did TD say in their affedavit? The only way I can see GAA footing the bill is if it threatens the existance of TD(which I think they deserve a scare like that).

• Advertisement

What did TD say in their affedavit? The only way I can see GAA footing the bill is if it threatens the existance of TD(which I think they deserve a scare like that).

They said that they were taking the case for themselves (we know to be untrue) and that certain individuals would pay the bills.

With the GAA stepping in, its clear to me that these individuals had no intention of doing so and the case got to court on a false pretext. Thankfully Judge O'Neill saw through them.

Put anther way - if I go to sue Coke, lose and it turns out Pepsi were paying for my case, it puts quite the different spin on things.

They said that they were taking the case for themselves (we know to be untrue) and that certain individuals would pay the bills.

With the GAA stepping in, its clear to me that these individuals had no intention of doing so and the case got to court on a false pretext. Thankfully Judge O'Neill saw through them.

Put anther way - if I go to sue Coke, lose and it turns out Pepsi were paying for my case, it puts quite the different spin on things.

Ah ok, cheers for clearing that up. Understand it all now. Just guess I'm down to wondering why the hell TD would have needed this place(under false pretence obviously), unless they kept getting huge crowds to their league/champ matches(very unlikely).

Ah ok, cheers for clearing that up. Understand it all now. Just guess I'm down to wondering why the hell TD would have needed this place(under false pretence obviously), unless they kept getting huge crowds to their league/champ matches(very unlikely).

they admitted they would never use it.

they idea was to delay it so long that Rovers gave up and tried to build somewhere else, or if they won the capacity and potential for the place would either stifle us or get us to move on.

Advertisement