Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford focus 1.8 tdi 3 dr???

Options
  • 18-10-2007 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Why are they so rare? I am looking for one in the last model focus, '99-'05 and they are very hard to find. I really like the focus but the 1.4 or the 1.8 just dont have the power I would like and a diesel would be nice to have as I do a reasonalbe about of miles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Yes there is not too many of them about, I had a tdci sport 3 door for a while, nice car, 115bhp and fairly economical.
    I brought it in from the UK, plenty to choose from over there.

Neil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Nelly23

Yea i have noticed the same. There are more up north and in the UK. Would prefere to buy down south but it looks like beggers cant be chosers! Would you recommend the car...taking into account im currently driving a 1L Micra...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most 1.8 diesel 3 door Focus models sold in Ireland are vans afaik. Car versions are very rare indeed but not impossible to find. Most would have been the older 100bhp TDDi unit afaik. The newer 115bhp TDCi version was only available from 2002 onwards afaik. I think Maidhc on here has a 03 TDci 3 door Focus.

Best choice though will be in the UK or up North. More to choose from, higher spec and better looked after than over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭kindalen

i had a ttdi saloon,it had plenty of poke,but as with a lot of fords the electrics were on the dodgy side. still a great car to drive. go for one.

Advertisement