Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drogba to Demand Move......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

With Drogba wanting to leaving and Sheva not able to hit form Chelsea are going to have to spend huge money to get goals, i think Fwank might walk too in the summer, his girlfriend is Spanish and the English treat him like sh|te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_2808244,00.html

Drogba apparently going to demand to move from Chelsea, although i cant stand him him he'l be a huge loss for them.:D

rats alway leave a sinking ship first. Surely chelsea are entitled to expect some loyalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

So long Drogba we'll miss your antics...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

sweetie wrote: »
    Surely chelsea are entitled to expect some loyalty
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Drogba wouldnt ever really have had any loyalty to Chelsea even before Jose left. remember reading an interview with him during the summer where he was talking about how if a club came in for him and it made "economic sense", he would consider a move.

Joses departure is probably just the straw that broke the camels back.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Drogba wouldnt ever really have had any loyalty to Chelsea even before Jose left. remember reading an interview with him during the summer where he was talking about how if a club came in for him and it made "economic sense", he would consider a move.

Too true too true, but apparently he cried on the training ground when Jose turned up to say his goodbyes.....sounds to me like he is a bit of a big girl :p
    then again we already knew that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

With Drogba wanting to leaving and Sheva not able to hit form Chelsea are going to have to spend huge money to get goals, i think Fwank might walk too in the summer, his girlfriend is Spanish and the English treat him like sh|te

not the chelsea fans though

event wrote: »
    not the chelsea fans though

No but still it doesnt help with the international fans booing him, i can only imagine its a west ham contingent is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

The exodus hath begun.

He's basically confirming what we already knew about dressing room spies, interference with team affairs and backstabbing etc etc.

• Advertisement

Abramovich will pi$$ off too when it all goes belly up to,after all its just something of a hobby for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Whoever gets him will be doing very very well.

Real?

Maybe. Or 1 of the big Italian clubs, he won't be allowed move within the Premiership and Barcelona have no need for anymore strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Or the perfect excuse.

He can come on up to Old Trafford to play for real champions though:D
    DSB wrote: »
    Maybe. Or 1 of the big Italian clubs, he won't be allowed move within the Premiership and Barcelona have no need for anymore strikers.

Milan could be an destination. They have been linked with him in the recent past, and Kaka is getting strongly linked with Chelsea; could be a swap move on the cards.

Don't see anything happening until the summer, as he is CL tied now, and no one will spend big on him in January as a result. in my opinion anyway.

if he went to AC they'd be unstoppable in Europe this year

Tauren wrote: »
    He can come on up to Old Trafford to play for real champions though:D

Doubt he'd be interestedif he wants to acheive something in Europe at some stage in his career ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

yeah - a cup tied Drogba would be awesome. Liverpool fans, the most knowledgeable fans in the world eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

He's cup-tied though. I can't see him moving to another Premiership club. He's 29 and this will probably be the last (big) move in his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

So long Drogba we'll miss your antics...
    He's not retiring. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

eirebhoy wrote: »
    He's not retiring. ;)

Yeah but I won't have to see him diving every week on MoTD so I'm happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

For the sake of his team mates, surely he could have kept this to himself and demanded a move in the summer? I mean it's already unsettled but this can't help matters. Can't imagine Terry being too happy with his team mate coming out and saying that Chelsea is a mess...ever hear of PR? Selfish of him...

Terry has been revealed recently to hardly be the model pro himself.

I for one am shocked by this, i thought all Chelsea players wanted to play for Chelsea because of its great heritage :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Im puttin Juventus out there.

Being cup tied wouldn't matter either, since all they have is domestic football this season.

They have lashings of money as well, and were apparantly going to be in the market for a striker (Huntelaar was the rumour).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

We'll have him back in Marseille, no hard feelings. He never wanted to leave in the first place.

oops sorry tauren, i'll rephrase then, if he went to Milan they'd be upstoppable next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

ehh its in a french newspaper......

Do we not learn anything its like being in the sun.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Well, Chelsea released a statement tonight and they did not deny it. They simply said he signed a 4 year contract last year and they're confident he'll see it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Well i am very dissapointed ...

I just heard last week him saying something like "Chelsea is my destiny" ...

its not fair to do this , not at this stage of the season, I mean he could see
    how things pan out .. we have had a great result away in Valencia ...

and about peoples comments like "sweet" or :D or :) etc....

STOP PLEASE !!!

i thought that type of shít was banned from this board ??

jackdaw wrote: »

STOP PLEASE !!!

Come on, we are hardly trying to wind up Chelsea fans or anything he asked to leave and we havent made him leave, in any case its a back handed compliment to the talent of the player that other supporters are happy Chelsea might not have him,plus he's a big girl!

STOP PLEASE !!!

DROGBA LEAVING? SWEET. :D:)

But seriously, why would you want him? he is not loyal.

STOP PLEASE !!!

Making negative comments about another team/player?! :eek:

In all honesty, this was to be expected. Whatever about not having Mourinho anymore and some of the Chelsea players wanting to leave, at least you still have the most important factor for Chelsea's recent success i.e. Abramovich. Drogba was hinting at moving before Mourinho even left, so I don't see how this could come as such a big surprise.

Can someone post up that article please? gets worse how? teases!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Can someone post up that article please? gets worse how? teases!

Didier Drogba has sensationally revealed he wanted to leave Chelsea on the day he arrived.

The Ivory Coast international, who joined The Blues back in 2004, has also stated it was not even his choice to leave Marseille for Stamford Bridge.

After years of putting The Blues first, the 29-year-old is now putting his personal interests first and is looking for a move.

However, the powerful striker has stated he will not let him team-mates down and will wait to move until the end of the season.

"As soon as I arrived at Chelsea I struggled because it was never my choice to come here," Drogba is quoted as saying in France Football.

"I've always had strange relations with the club. Right from the first day I wanted to leave and then again every summer.

"I've done what is right for the club until now, but the time has come for me to think about myself and put my interests first.

"I've thought about leaving this winter. But I told myself it would be a little cowardly to leave my mates in trouble. So I have decided to stay until next summer."

European giant

Drogba claims he has lost his passion at Chelsea and that only playing for a European giant such as Milan, Internazionale, Barcelona and Real Madrid will captivate him.

"I have to have a change of scenery," he continued.

"It took me some time to fall in love with Chelsea, but now I believe it's time to move on to something else.

"I need a club with whom I'd be ready to break my leg to win. I want to get back to playing with butterflies in my stomach for a club who make me dream.

"For me, there aren't 50 clubs who could stimulate this sort of passion, just four: Milan, Inter, Barca and Real."

Terry is now out for 3 weeks after surgery and Drogba has gone a step further............as article above shows, what an idiot, fans are going to crucify him

Off topic but Cole out for 4 weeks

Stamford Bridge is falling down-falling down-falling down....
    Stamord Bridge is falling down, So long Roman! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

This pleases me greatly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

cheesedude wrote: »
    DROGBA LEAVING? SWEET. :D:)

But seriously, why would you want him? he is not loyal.

well I want him as without him Chelsea will be well and truly screwed ...

not good news before our bogey team Middlesbrough !!!

:(

:

Jackdaw: I'm sure Roman will just buy Ronaldinho, Kaka or Eto'o or someone, i wouldnt get to worried :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

This would rob the Premiership of some of the most creative diving any of us have ever seen. The only way Drogba could be replaced is by Chelsea signing Dida.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Great player, awful attitude, typical of today's game...

Great player, awful attitude, typical of today's game...

amen

I take it back now that I have read the full article...

I don't blame him. I would leave too. Chelsea is a **** club to play for now. No heritage or class.
    DIDIER DROGBA has lifted the lid on Jose Mourinho’s shock exit from Chelsea and how the boss was betrayed.

And the Blues striker insists only one man is to blame for forcing him to follow the Special One out of Stamford Bridge — owner Roman Abramovich.

Drogba said: “I learned that the manager was going when he told me personally — before the club made it official.

“It was a shock because I literally did not believe it could happen to a guy like him.

“When Mourinho went to say goodbye for the last time in the dressing room it only lasted five minutes but it was an immensely strong moment and very moving.

“To watch him empty his locker so quickly and with such little fuss was terrible.

“Some around me were crying. It’s a shame if you are sensitive. He kissed us, one by one — except a few!

“Then he said ‘I wish you good luck to you and to your families and I thank you all. Even those who betrayed me’.

“Mourinho didn’t stay a second longer after that because I think he would have burst into tears.

“Then it was like fireworks in the dressing room.

“I really feared that everything was going to explode.

“Finally a sense of resignation sunk over us and my initial feeling, just like a lot of players I think, was to feel alone.

“It was almost like being an orphan after the departure of a father.

“Over the following days I struggled to look at some people without getting angry.

“Things went too far. In training, during those days, you could see some players were making basic errors, forgetting the basics of football.

“Thankfully that effect didn’t last too long.

“My opinion is that results were only an excuse for getting rid of him. Perhaps his honesty and his way of saying what he thinks were not appreciated by everyone at the club.

“Mourinho explained to me what had happened in the few weeks prior to his departure and I understood why he went.

“I prefer not to share that, I just want to say that I have been really badly surprised by some people.

“I understand now what Mourinho meant when he told me ‘Know that I am happy to leave this place’.

Now furious Drog blames Abramovich for crushing his own Blues dream.

It was Abramovich who signed the £24million cheque which took Drogba to Chelsea three years ago and pays him a whopping £100,000 a week.

But Drogba, 29, rapped: “Sacking Mourinho has done a lot of harm to the squad.

“I still don’t know why we changed manager after just a month of competition. There was nothing alarming.

“If the will to sack him existed, then why not do it pre-season?

“If you trust a guy to start the season, then apart from a total catastrophe he has to get until December at least.

“But apparently Abramovich changed his philosophy.

“We players are only employees and it was out of our hands.

“I took the whole thing badly and perhaps I put too much sentiment in my relationship with the coach.”

Drogba was the Premiership’s top scorer last season with 20 goals and flourished under Mourinho to become one of Europe’s most feared attackers.

But he cried when Mourinho left last month and feels he cannot produce the goods for new boss Avram Grant.

Drogba added: “The fire in me has gone. I need to play for a club where I am willing to break a leg in search of victory and I need to play for a club which makes me dream.

"Winning the Champions League makes me dream and I thought that staying at Chelsea for what I knew would be Mourinho’s last season was my best chance of achieving this.

“When the manager left he quickly said that he would like to work with me again but in such deals nothing is simple. He knows that I dream of the Spanish and the Italian league.

“I must win either La Liga or Serie A and there are, perhaps, only five clubs in the world that make me dream.

“They are Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter, AC Milan and Marseille. There are not 50 clubs which can inspire my passion and my hunger to win but these ones do.

“I’ve been so angry and so disappointed with what happened to Mourinho that I truly thought of leaving in this winter market.

“As for leaving it’s a decision I won’t change, even if people tell me that Ronaldinho and Kaka are on their way in the summer.

“So I’ve decided I’ll stay until next summer.

“I will do everything to defend my shirt loyally until the end of the season.

“I’ve had a strange relationship with Chelsea since my first day. Almost since that day I’ve wanted to leave.

“But despite this I’ve stayed and they are the most beautiful years of my career.

“I’ve wondered if this club was right for me and it took me a long time to love Chelsea.

“In the past I have never been so clear in my wish to leave. But today I really know firmly and clearly what I want.

“Experience shows that it’s no good for a club to try to keep a player against his will.

“I hope I’ll be able to part company with the club in a correct way.

“I acknowledge that this is a club where I was greatly helped to grow up.

“I hope people won’t be too angry with me because, in the end, I’m thinking of myself.”

Taken from the Sun but that is a genuine interview he did.

Christ-wat sort of reaction is he going to get from the fans for the rest of the season?!?!?!

Jose; "I wish you good luck to you and to your families and I thank you all. Even those who betrayed me".......messiah complex or wat?!!?!

Someone in there betrayed him totally...It was Terry wasn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

SO the story goes anyway. Terry seems to have been the last push. I grow to dislike him more and more. Used to like him when he broke into the team first. Still cant get over his 9year pay parity contract request (with added Managerial post at the end if he wanted). Holding the club he is supposedly loyal to for ransom to an entirely new degree!

That amount of money at a club affects some people.

As for Drogba's interview, what a crock of shit.

My favourite bits:
    Now furious Drog blames Abramovich for crushing his own Blues dream.

It was Abramovich who signed the £24million cheque which took Drogba to Chelsea three years ago and pays him a whopping £100,000 a week.

And
    “As for leaving it’s a decision I won’t change, even if people tell me that Ronaldinho and Kaka are on their way in the summer.

“So I’ve decided I’ll stay until next summer.

“I will do everything to defend my shirt loyally until the end of the season.

“I’ve had a strange relationship with Chelsea since my first day. Almost since that day I’ve wanted to leave.

“But despite this I’ve stayed and they are the most beautiful years of my career.

How noble of you! :rolleyes:

The owner and the manager had a falling out, the manager got sacked. It's Abramovich's club and he can do whatever the hell he likes. If this is the beginning of the end for the Abramovich era and a mass player exodus, I'm sure there'll be a lot of people queueing up to say "I told you so". Maybe it's not and this whole thing could blow over. The loss of some of the more unsavoury character(s) may have the opposite effect and finally bring the Chelsea players out of this siege mentality.

Interesting times lie ahead for Chelsea fans!

• Advertisement
Advertisement