Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this Dell Monitor worth the money?

Options
  • 18-10-2007 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Dell are selling the E228FWP 22" Monitor for € 349.93 (down from € 436.81)

Monitor Size and Type : 22-inch Widescreen LCD Flat Panel Monitor
    Resolution : 1680 x 1050 Pixels
    Response time / Brightness / Contrast Ratio : 5ms / 300cd/m² / 800:1
    Dimensions (WxDxH) / Weight : With Stand: 511mm x 149mm x 409mm / 5kg
    Features : 100mm VESA® Mounting, Antiglare with Hard-coating 3H
    Port(s) Total ( Free ) / Connector Type : Analog (15-pin D-Sub) / Digital (DVI-D) with HDCP, Security Port Slot
    Dot Pitch : 0.282mm (Pixel Pitch)
    Colour : Black
    Compatibility : PC
    Warranty : 3-Year

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&sku=88221

Does anyone think its worth the money?

Thanks....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Quick answer.... Yes. I have one and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

Anti wrote: »
    Quick answer.... Yes. I have one and love it.

Thanks for the quick reply.
    I read a few reviews that mentioned there were problems with colours and ("Bleeding"?) around the edges of the screen.

I'll be using it mainly for Gaming (mainly the newer releases) so is it a good buy for gaming (and some photo editing)?

Cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I was planning to buy that monitor too, I don't remember what it was but something turned me off of it, I think I remember reading about something with colour reproduction, oh and also, it can't be turned into portrait mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I have one, was worried about some 'dodge' reviews out there - but it's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

No bleeding at all here. And as for the colour issues, yeah dell does not set them up well in the factory. But it only takes a few mins to get it how you like it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement