Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4GB Sony Memory Stick PRO Duo w/ free Spiderman and Spiderman 2 DVDs[€60.50@MemoryC]

• 18-10-2007 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Got this in an email this morning, not too bad. Might not be the cheapest memory card. Link here.
    The MSX-M4GS/X Memory Stick PRO Duo™ media from Sony gives you maximum storage for your compact digital camera, portable audio device, or PSP™ Handheld Entertainment System.

This Limited Edition version includes the full versions of Spiderman and Spiderman 2 on DVDs inside the retail packaging.

The MSX-M4GS Memory Stick PRO Duo™ media from Sony gives you maximum storage for your compact digital camera, portable audio device, or PSP™ Handheld Entertainment System. With a huge total storage capacity of 4 gigabyte with 3.66 gigabytes available1 and an wide operating temperature range of -13° F to 185° Fahrenheit, the MSX-M4GS provides you with durable, high capacity storage for your digital files. With the included adaptor, the MSX-M4GS can be used in most devices that use full-sized Memory Stick PRO™ media, making it perfect for both your older devices and the latest electronics.

Feature list:

Memory Stick PRO Duo™ media
    User area approx 3.66GB
    Transfer Speed{parallel transfer} 160Mbps (20MB/sec)
    Minimum Write Speed 15Mbps

Specifications from Sony:

User area approx 3.66GB
    Interface Memory Stick Interface(Serial/Parallel)
    Operating Voltage 2.7V-3.6V
    Average Operating Current (Serial transfer) 65mA (max)
    Average Operating Current (Parallel transfer) 100mA max
    Standby Current 1.5mA (max)
    Transfer Speed{parallel transfer} 160Mbps (20MB/sec)
    Minimum Write Speed 15Mbps
    Dimensions (W x L x T) Approx. 20 x 31 x 1.6mm
    Weight Approx.2g
    Environmental Temperature -25°C~25°C (Non-Condensing)
    Dimensions (W x L x T ) Approx. 135 x 100 x 20mm Note:Transfer and playback of secured music on Memory Stick PRO Duo™ media (e.g. music purchased from online music services) is not currently possible. See www.sony.net/Products/mssupport/ for updated compatibility information. This media does support the playback of unsecured MP3 music files.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ruu
    I'd change the price, it doesn't include VAT.
    Works out at €60.50 plus shipping another €5.
    Getting expensive then, even with the DVD's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Fixed cheers, that is a getting a bit dear alright. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

Hi guys, are these 4GB cards available much cheaper elsewhere? I thought it was a very good price?

-jayo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Thought it was a good price myself. 80 euro on Komplett

Expansys have them at €60 plus shipping - but we all know their shipping cost is way higher than Komplett or MemoryC :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ongarite

MX2 have the 4GB cards for decent price and with free shipping.
    http://www.mx2.co.uk/prodpage.asp?type=search&searchwhat=4gb%20memory%20stick

You are right, their price comes to EUR57 incl shipping - not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7 eric_larkin

Hi

I have taken a look at komplett and the other site in the uk. They can not beat Memoryc. both items referenced do not have the movies. Komplett is way over priced as for the UK site and the small variance with MemoryC ( which has two of the spider man films is an excellent purhase). I purchased the MemoryC Pro Duo card and excellent... worked perfectly in my PSP and I have two films to boot as well. Now to figure out a way to get them encoded on to the PSP? For a later topic.

To be honest now that I have one I am getting another for my brother as a christmas present ( he has a sony phone which takes this card type). Even with shipping I do not believe any shop can match the offer with films.

Personally, good bundle worth any small variance ( MemoryC ) was my purchase choice. Also if any one is in the kildare region they do alllow personal pick ups ( just a thought). I do believe you have to make a note of this in the purchase area.

Bye
    Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Hi

I have taken a look at komplett and the other site in the uk. .......

Shill much?

Not a bad offer, but unless you need the DVDs the price on the Sandisk 4G from MX2 is better, works out to about 48 euro delivered. I have two Sandisk 4GB and one Sony 2GB and I've never noticed any difference in speed or quality.

If it's an Irish company, why are they charging €5 to post it?
    It's a tiny parcel.

• Advertisement

I guess it is sent by recorded mail - that does cost about a fiver...

I believe there to be a small performance edge in the sony brand over sandisk.

I personally prefer registered post. You can track a package and have accountability you can be sure it is actually on route via tracking number. That peace of mind you get that an item is actually out for shippment and you can see this. This is a good thing in my view.

PS : MX2 send items from a region that is outside the EU and vat free. I got stung last month on Casio Exilim Card EX-S770 Digital Camera (Red) (EXS770R) when it arrived in ireland I had to pay vat ( custom duties) what is that all about. I thought these guys (MX2) are in the Uk but I am apparently wrong.
    Any one know why?

MX2 send items from a region that is outside the EU and vat free.

That's very strange because the item is €50 EX VAT but €60.50 including VAT? :eek:
    It's also charging VAT when you go to checkout? :confused:

okidoki987 wrote: »
    That's very strange because the item is €50 EX VAT but €60.50 including VAT? :eek:
    It's also charging VAT when you go to checkout? :confused:

I was refering to the MX2 crowd and not MemoryC. MemoryC are in ireland and vat is charged to all product sold. I got stung with the MX2 and customs charge me on the camera received. To be honest I am sticking to MemoryC for the fact that what I got pleased me and work well. You pay what you see no more or less. Also with registered post I can track my package ( which personally brings to me peace of mind. I know where my item is. ).

Back to my original question. Any one know why MX2 and my order would get caught in customs and I am charged vat. I thought the MX2 crowd were a uk firm ? in the EU. One other issue scared me.

MX2 crowd state the following
    " MX2 can not exchange or replace cards that have been bought in error and are not compatible with your hardware after they have been opened. "

We all make mistakes. other crowds will take it back less a restocking / repacking fee. These MX2 guys are harsh. Any one had dealing with MX2 in this respect. Curious how they treated you. Only after you for the money or did they treat you will respect and help. I am moving towards the MX2 guys being less then helpful if you made an honest mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Ive always found MX2 to be great, no problems what so ever, so far.

Can you stop constantly plugging MemoryC, i get, everyone gets it.... you like them.

PS: MX2 are definitely a UK based company.

Oops
    Attention to detail springs to mind :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I believe there to be a small performance edge in the sony brand over sandisk.

AFAIK, Sandisk make the Sony ones anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Sandisk Vs Sony, the only ones I've ever had a problem with were cheap knockoffs from eBay. May be a small difference in the legit ones, but I'd imagine that Sony put an excess on theirs like everything else Sony branded. Probably makes little difference in the real world (you'd only see the difference if you run a speed test on it).
    I thought these guys (MX2) are in the Uk but I am apparently wrong.
    Any one know why?
    UK yes, EU no. They're probably based in Jersey or Guernsey like 7dayshop and Play.com. Sometimes you get caught for VAT, this was your unlucky day. If the parcel had a value declared on it (which it should have) and that was large then it's probably more likely to be noticed.

For small things like memory cards etc it's normally OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cat=6&type=6070&man=0&filterwords=&go=SEARCH&comp=

www.7dayshop.com

you wont get these cheaper anywhere else
    i got the 4gb kingston data traveler for only £16.49
    and i can't fault it

• Advertisement

apogogies for my last post
    wrong kind of memory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I've bought a couple off ebay and they work great. Not sure if they're fake or not but e20 (e29 shipping included) isn't bad and they're from the UK and not HK/China :)

i bought the same one from that guy in china off ebay for 27eu total.
    didnt get it yet so here's hoping its real
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330177702706&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=014

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

mailburner wrote: »
    i bought the same one from that guy in china off ebay for 27eu total.
    didnt get it yet so here's hoping its real
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330177702706&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=014

word of advise, got caught from products from China before. I'm not saying I have any less chance of a knock off from the UK but I think you're far more likely to get knock offs from HK and China

Advertisement