Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fire regulations regarding exits

• 18-10-2007 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭

im wondering if anyone can tell me the answer and/or point me to the specific law if any in this case

i go to a particular school with 600 students, grand, but there are two buildings, one which houses 500 at any time, there are 3 exits, the main one, through a service area and a former entrance. The later two are locked from the inside, the service area one can be opened from the inside easily but the other needs a key.

This door was open up until this year, when it was decided to close it, for stupid reasons that i cant go into, its a way out to bus stops etc but school will not open it, so, on behalf of the students council, i am researcing the fire and building laws. Basically, this door is a fire exit, an appointed one for many classes on one side of fire doors(these doors suldnt be opened in a fire), if this exit is locked and ccant be opened without a key, i think its in breach of regulations.

Can anyone confirm this??

Thank you very much
    timmywex

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Ring your local fire station and ask to speak to the chief fire officer. He will definitely advise you and will most probably arrange a unannounced visit!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

A fire exit in a place of public assembly must have a push bar lock in place like THIS
    Where is this school?
    ie what county?

Advertisement