Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 Core

• 18-10-2007 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

So saw a 360 core for 180 today with a game, just want it for PES really. not willing to pay more but what am i missing out on that i cant upgrade to in the future?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The main thing is it won't come with a hdd so you'll have to get a memory card separately to keep your game saves. You'll also be missing out on the wireless controller, ethernet cable, Xbox live headset and component video cables. But you can get all these things later.

It's a good price but a 360 without a hdd is practically crippled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

it says it has 512 mb of memory - but i can upgrade everything later if i want?

is the ethernet cable just a standard rj45 cable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Call_me_al wrote: »
    it says it has 512 mb of memory - but i can upgrade everything later if i want?

is the ethernet cable just a standard rj45 cable?

Make sure you're clear on this one before you buy. It has 512MB of RAM which is *not* upgradable. Ethernet is just RJ45, hardly a deal breaker. If you're that desperate for one, I'll send you some...

edit: It's worth going for the Premium. If you later decide you want to download demos and do a bit more, it'll cost you more to buy all the extras afterwards than to just buy the premium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

helios wrote: »
    Make sure you're clear on this one before you buy. It has 512MB of RAM which is *not* upgradable. Ethernet is just RJ45, hardly a deal breaker. If you're that desperate for one, I'll send you some...

I think he means it comes with a 512mb memory unit possibly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

bah! thanks for the help but i really dont want to spend another 100 on it for the premium - while i realise its worth it for most i already have a wii which gets about 2 hours of use a week and i want pro evo 2008 which wont be out till feb on the wii and i can hardly afford the 180 as it is!!

pretty sure its not RAM and it is a 512mb memory unit, but not 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Core comes without the wireless controller, headset, ethernet cable and hard drive. All these can be bought later. The hardware in the box is exaclty the same.

There is a new Arcade pack out soon to replace the core if you feel like waiting. Differences here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360#Comparison_of_features

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Oh?! U get HDMI with the arcade, I didn't know that, might be worth trading against?!

Advertisement