Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB mast in Baldoyle != IBB available in Baldoyle

Options
  • 18-10-2007 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

ello,

i am currently a happy customer of IBB's, residing in raheny, and with an antenna pointed at baldoyle. i have a stable consistent connection, thanks to my proximity to baldoyle itself.

now, the funny thing is: i just bought a house in baldoyle (on more or less the exact far side of the high-site), and i called up IBB to ask about connection. they only appear to have coverage from that high-site towards kilbarrack/raheny, and not back towards baldoyle itself. chumps.

anyhoo, i suppose i have 2 questions:

1. has anyone heard if IBB has any plans to add another sector to the mast pointing eastwards?

and, if not,

2. do any readers here utilise any other wireless providers in the area (i'm talking about FWA, not that 3g or ripwave schtuff), like Digiweb? are they any good?

i'm really not keen on switching from ibb, as as i've said, i've been happy with their service for the last 2/3 years. also, the fact that Digiweb's "metro" product appears to have DSL-like uploads speeds, which i can't understand the reasoning behind as they're not limited by what eircom classes as DSL on it's copper. i regularly get photos printed via spectra, and i don't really like the idea of them taking 4-5 times longer to upload my images.

any .02?

Advertisement