Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help choosing broadband..

Options
  • 18-10-2007 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hey just a quick question to see what broadband would suit me best ( i know it depends on the area but list away anyway) I dont have a landline so eircom is out and i've heard clearwire is sh!te for speeds (as posted here also) I'm in Waterford so what would be cheapest best to go with?? think 02 goes up to 40 bucks a month after the first 3?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I know you've ruled out the phone, but the best broadband to get is DSL over phone line, in my opinion anyway. It's reliable, widely available and the prices are in general quite reasonable (but you have line rental of course on top).

IBB Breeze is available in Waterford I think, that would be worth looking into. Reasonable price, fast and synchronous upload and download speeds and no cap.

O2/Vodafone should really only be considered if you've no other solution, or you need it on the move. The speeds will vary, be dependent on weather and distance from the mast, pings are generally poorer than other wireless or DSL broadband and the caps are very low (5G Voda, 10G O2).

Price on O2 does indeed go up to 40 euro a month after the intital 3 month half price. Vodafone is 30 after an initial 3 months at 15 (or it was a while ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Cheers never heard of them but gonna check em out now.... thanks alot

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

If you can get it, seriously consider NTL broadband. I use them in Dublin and price, speed and usage is very favourable, especially when you consider you can plow the money you're saving in not paying line rental into a better offering. I had a fault recently and they had an engineer come out and fix within 6 days including a weekend (called Thursday, visit & fix Tuesday).

Advertisement