Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep me Honest!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Talk about a disaster of a weekend

Did weights thursday 1st November, felt a little off. Not too bad though

Friday around 11 at work stomach felt a little weird. Went for a jog that night even though i felt ill

Saturday morning I went hunting for about 2 hours so some low intensity cardio there

After that I felt fcuking terrible. Could barely force myself to eat. Felt very pukey and had stomach cramps all night. Woke up a few times with the pain of them. Definitely under ate this weekend. Also cheated on diet by forcing down 2 bowls of all bran.

Pretty annoyed by all of that as progess to date has been good. Just got to get back on the horse I suppose and concentrate on getting better and back into the diet.

My friends asked if I thought it was the diet that made me sick. I don't think it was as I have flu like symptoms as well so I think it is just a genuine sickness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Are you taking a multivitamin/ good Vit C supplement at the moment?

Did anything come (out) of the stomach cramps? Any vomiting or lose bowel movments?

g'em wrote: »
    Are you taking a multivitamin/ good Vit C supplement at the moment?

Did anything come (out) of the stomach cramps? Any vomiting or lose bowel movments?

yeah taking a multivit and vit C supplement

Yeah the stomach cramps lead to a lot of toilet time on saturday night :(

Vegeta wrote: »
    yeah taking a multivit and vit C supplement
    Good
    Yeah the stomach cramps lead to a lot of toilet time on saturday night :(

A known side-effect of low-carbing. Keep your water intake high to replace lost fluids, consider taking a fibre supplement, and have you increased your green veg intake? It was looking very sparse at best. You may also want to eat some live natural yoghurt to help replace your healthy gut bacteria.

A known side-effect of low-carbing. Keep your water intake high to replace lost fluids, consider taking a fibre supplement, and have you increased your green veg intake? It was looking very sparse at best. You may also want to eat some live natural yoghurt to help replace your healthy gut bacteria.

Cool, will keep the water up and have added more green veg in the form of brocolli, sprouts and mange tout (sp? man I love those)

• Advertisement

Ok so last week looked like this

Wednesday weights, generally same routine as above.

Thursday went for a jog, need to lengthen my route as it only took me 18 minutes to do it the other night.

Friday did weights with the brother. Got new dumbells from Mick so was using these. Did some lunges holding 10 and 15 kg plates in each hand. Big mistake as I had to go hunting the next day

Saturday went hunting from about 9 until 2. Fairly low endurance stuff but a lot of things make it awkward
    Wearing thigh length waders adds resistance, carrying a 12 guage and how uneven the surface is. My legs were fairly stiff from the lunges but when I started hunting i knew I was in trouble. The waders cut the heels off me and it made life hell. Some good exercise though

Sunday, weights, left out any squats as my legs were already in DOM mode. But did a fairly good session

One thing I am going to do is get a whiteboard and write down my PB lifts and reps on it so that every time I lift weights I know what I am aiming for and trying to do

Increased the distance for my jog last night and jogged for 25 minutes solid which felt tough but ok. Will try and make that a half hour solid

Today is a carb up day and my god I feel like crap on carbs. I never realised what they were doing to me until I low carbed it. I am so lethargic(sp?) on them its only 11.49 in the morning and I feel like a nap. Madness

Anyway my weight loss has slowed/stopped over the last week and a half so now I think its time to recrunch some numbers and take some serious measurements to see if I am making progress any more.

Will probably wait until this weekend to take all the measurements. In the last 4 weeks i have lost 6kg and my bf% is definitely down. I can pinch way less around the belly button/ lurve handle area which was my main concern, went from a mountain bike tyre to a racer tyre :p

Anyway my weight loss has slowed/stopped over the last week and a half so now I think its time to recrunch some numbers and take some serious measurements to see if I am making progress any more.
    Just wait a few days and see how you respond to the carb-up before changing your numbers - today should provide a nice kick up the arse for your metabolism. Let yourself deflate and then at the weekend see how you feel.
    Will probably wait until this weekend to take all the measurements. In the last 4 weeks i have lost 6kg and my bf% is definitely down. I can pinch way less around the belly button/ lurve handle area which was my main concern, went from a mountain bike tyre to a racer tyre :p
    Congrats ;)

Ok just a quick update

Haven't fallen off the band wagon yet and I have lost another half kg

Still doing total body routine every second night and trying to increase the weight I am lifting and concentrate on a bit of strength.

Have the weirdest injury ever though at the moment. My left heel feels bruised although I did nothing to it for this to happen. Its a bit sore to walk on it but not to touch it. Never had anything like it

Have the weirdest injury ever though at the moment. My left heel feels bruised although I did nothing to it for this to happen. Its a bit sore to walk on it but not to touch it. Never had anything like it
    Is it right on the base of your heel on the underside of your foot? Does it feel like there might be a blister in it or something similar? It just sounds uncannily like what I have in my right foot right now.

• Advertisement

Is it right on the base of your heel on the underside of your foot? Does it feel like there might be a blister in it or something similar? It just sounds uncannily like what I have in my right foot right now.

Its on the bottom of my foot, like I stood on a small stone with my heel while in socks or bare feet

Cant understand it, was out at a 21st birthday on friday night. I don't drink so I can remember everything from the night before. Was there for about 2 hours, drove my brothers car home, went to bed and woke up with what feels like a bruised heel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

how are things going vegeta?

Advertisement