Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know anything about Park West?

Options
  • 18-10-2007 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hey, does anyone here know anything about Park West Pointe?

I'm going to view an apartment there on Monday. I'm thinking of moving in.

Does anyone know anything about the area?

Does anyone live there?

Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I live quite close. Being quite new and mostly industrial/office, not sure if it's served well with public transport after biz hours. There is one pub and a few shops,spar etc, not sure if the shops open late. Is parkwest point the apartment complex situated in the parkwest itself or one of the many that have been built onto cherryorchord, which are close, probably better served with buses, but few services,shop's etc,if any. recommend you take a drive up and see for your self at night, during the day it busy and well served and populated, at night it's dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

Train station been built at the mo open for xmas i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

fitzyshea wrote: »
    That might be delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

It's basically an industrial estate with some apts on it, sandwiched in between Ballyfermot and Clondalkin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

fitzyshea wrote: »

Maybe Xmas 2009!!!! I've an apartment there, tis an ok place tbh.......if you work in the area that is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It's basically an industrial estate with some apts on it, sandwiched in between Ballyfermot and Clondalkin.

I couldn't have described it better.
    Although the people I know living there called it a business park, not an industrial estate. ;)

Place is a ghost town at night so no ideal if you are walking.
    I'd imagine just about everyone is a car owner out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

The public transport isn't too bad out there. A bus can have you in/out to town in 20mins. The 79a serves it also and it's adequate. Bar the nice, new, spacious apartments for a reasonable price, there's little else out there. With a car, peak time traffic can be a disaster.

There's a gym, thai restaurant and a couple of shops. The Spar and pub aren't great; better off sticking to those in town.

The place certainly caters for some people just fine, but not to everyone's taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Public transport - 79a from Parkwest via Ballyf (goes halfway around the world though. It's worse than the 46a/Monkstown farm detour) and 151 from the Nangor Rd which goes through Crumlin.

Traffic - I've never found it to be that bad. Obviously it is bad in the morning from 8am and in the evening from 4.30pm but can still drive in and out of town if you want to. Avoid Park West industrial estate, the Nangor Road and Naas Road at all times during the week, its totally choked. Get out in your car and discover the back roads through Cherry Orchard down to the bottom of Ballyf and then go into town via Inchicore and SCR. NEVER go up the Ballyf road except after 10pm - its always choked with Palmerstown, N7 and M50 traffic.

I don't know if you are looking at Park West or Cherry Orchard (some owners like to call it Park West but its still Cherry Orchard! adv is cheaper prices for less salubrious address. nice development all the same) but its not a bad area all in all. It's not as isolated as you may think (or maybe you just get used to it :rolleyes:), you'll be in town in 25 mins off peak and a taxi home will cost you €16.

Advertisement