Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Robbo really injured

Options
  • 18-10-2007 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

I wonder if robbo is actually injured or is it a ploy by MJ to give him a break without publicly dropping him,either way can only be good for robbo and for spurs if he takes time out to regain his shattered confidence.Form is temporary and class is permanent and i believe robbo can get back to his heights of two seasons ago,but for now lets give Radek his chance.COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I wonder if robbo is actually injured or is it a ploy by MJ to give him a break without publicly dropping him.

If he's not injured, tactful move by MJ. 10/10 for man-management.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Knowing Robbo he's probably in a state because he just cost his country to miss qualifying for the European Championship. It's not his fault, he should never have been in goal for them in the 1st place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Just wondering what the whole concensus is on his form? I don't remember seeing another keeper crumble like this but I wouldn't say he's been found out. Was a great stopper for us for the last few seasons. Keepers don't tend to get rotated, so if he gets dropped for both Spurs and England it's gonna be some struggle to get back in. Is this his top drawer keeper status ended?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

he stays injured!! What a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Poor positioning, slow to move his feet, doesn't command his box. On the lus side he's a good shot stopper. Needs to sort out the other three, with coaching that can change the question is can he be coached?

Not good for him to think he's undroppable IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

I think maybe he had a "small niggle" and at other times would have probably played, but the timing was right and I am sure MJ said, have a week or two off and get that niggle sorted! I personally have never reckoned him, he is a descent shot stopper, but even that seems to have failed him of late. As I recall, he also had a bad patch last season, so this isn't the first time. I think the fact that the defense hasn't been able to help him out as finally found him out. I think we need to look for another keeper (England will). Luckily Cerny is a pretty good goalie so we are not in that bad a shape, but if we have a few clean sheets, I don't see Robbo returning!

Advertisement