Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox freezes when I connect to Xbox Live?

• 18-10-2007 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I've been playing on live for months with no problems untill just now.

I was playing today for about 20 mins with no issues. I took a break for about an hour (shut down the console etc) and after the break went to connect again. Evey time I load up and try connect my profile to live the xbox freezes. Nothing I do with the controller lets me cycle through the menu's or anything, I can't shut the console down with the controller. The only thing I can do is press the power button on the front of it to shut it down and restart.

When I start the xbox again its fine again untill I connect to live. It conects fine and frezes on the dashboard page.

I have deleted all demo's off the HDD and gone back to initial setup in the console settings to no avail. The only thing I can think of is a demo i was downloading that might have probs. I was about 40% through getting the demo for PES2008. Would a corruption here cause the xbox to freeze immediately after I log in.

To compound issues I cant find the reciept for the xbox and the manufacture date is 13/10/2006 (1yr and 5 days ago!!)

Any help/feedback/links would help greatly as this is doing my nut in!

ty
    Wisesmurf

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Never mind I have fixed it (for now)

Looks like there was a conflict on the HDD cache. Found the below fix on the Microsoft support site

5. If the issue does not occur when the hard drive is detached, try clearing the Xbox 360 Hard Drive cache. With the Xbox 360 Hard Drive attached to the console, follow these steps: a. Locate the System section of the Xbox 360 Dashboard.
    b. Select Memory, select Hard Drive, and then press Y to view the device options screen.
    c. On the Xbox 360 Controller, press the X button, press the X button again, press the left bumper, press the right bumper, press the X button, and then press the X button again.
    d. You will be prompted to confirm system maintenance, select Yes by pressing A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 colamad

I have the same problem except where you have downloaded pro evolution 2008, someone on my xbox downloaded pes 09.
    I don't quite understand a few of the things that were the solution to the xbox live problem.

I am quite sure then and this is a warning to others too:

PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER DEMOS FOR YOUR XBOX MESS UP XBOX LIVE!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I had the exact same issue, forgot I was downloading the PES 2009 demo and switched the machine off mid-download. Then everytime I turned it back on it froze just after sign in to live.
    Fixed it by removing the network cable and powering on so it wouldn't sign into live, went into the memory settings and just deleted the PES demo. Works fine after that.

I didn't realise it could have been the PES until I read this thread. I didn't think it would have been a problem like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Had this issue myself unfortunately, its not the system cache, its the Pro Evo demo itself, anytime I turned my xbox on it would crap out on the auto sign in, so I had to delete the demo from the memory, re-download it, and left the xbox untouched til it switched itself off after the demo had downloaded, after that its fine....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

+1 On that Fieldog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Thankfully this didn't happen to me, but it doesn't inspire confidence!!!

Fieldog wrote: »
    Had this issue myself unfortunately, its not the system cache, its the Pro Evo demo itself, anytime I turned my xbox on it would crap out on the auto sign in, so I had to delete the demo from the memory, re-download it, and left the xbox untouched til it switched itself off after the demo had downloaded, after that its fine....

I don't think I'll risk downloading it again, the last time I went into a panic that my brand new xbox was already broke.

Advertisement